FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Another big night giveaway? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1342973-another-big-night-giveaway.html)

abcx May 11, 2012 3:29 am

How long did these take to post last year? The T&Cs are inconsistent - one part says they will be awarded at check out, the other says after 6-8 weeks. I need to use them before 6-8 weeks.

tsmith12 May 11, 2012 4:33 am

Originally Posted by nangress (Post 18552776)
Does anyone know if pre-paid rates or AAA rates will work for this promotion?

Yes, it worked last time around too.

tsmith12 May 11, 2012 4:34 am

Originally Posted by abcx (Post 18554460)
How long did these take to post last year? The T&Cs are inconsistent - one part says they will be awarded at check out, the other says after 6-8 weeks. I need to use them before 6-8 weeks.

5-7 days after the stay was completed.

allan8458 May 11, 2012 7:37 am

What about BRG? Will it qualify for for the promo

milesthemonster May 11, 2012 8:01 am

Originally Posted by allan8458 (Post 18555267)
What about BRG? Will it qualify for for the promo

BRG's do earn points and therefore do count. See my post on last years promo where i relied heavily on BRG's get over 350,000 points.

http://www.milemonster.com/2012/02/0...-for-only-356/

lkar May 11, 2012 10:20 am

Is there any way on club carlson to search as flexible with dates and look for the lowest rate?

MrHalliday May 11, 2012 10:22 am

Originally Posted by lkar (Post 18556243)
Is there any way on club carlson to search as flexible
with dates and look for the lowest rate?

I think I just try to book, say, 30 days,
and it comes up with an average, and a link to see details,
which are the individual day rates.

lkar May 11, 2012 11:30 am

Originally Posted by MrHalliday (Post 18556254)
I think I just try to book, say, 30 days,
and it comes up with an average, and a link to see details,
which are the individual day rates.

Many thanks.

mabramovich May 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by RealBud (Post 18551917)
My corporate rates are eligible, yes.

How does one know if they are? I got the Carlson small business program rates that give ~5% off -- are these eligible? I know they earn points, but what about the promo?

clublounger May 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by mabramovich (Post 18557181)
How does one know if they are? I got the Carlson small business program rates that give ~5% off -- are these eligible? I know they earn points, but what about the promo?

First of all, the promo T and C's haven't even been released yet.

Secondly, if someone here tells you "yes" or "no", should you believe it? Once the promo is official call CC, get an answer, notate the name of the person you spoke with if the answer is "yes" . Then book away.

greek2me May 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Could you go to a place where there are all 3 brands, stay at each of the 3 brands on the same night and meet the promo for all 3 in one fell swoop?

Originally Posted by onthego15 (Post 18552057)
Ric Garrido of Loyalty Traveler has a thorough update and analysis of this promo:

Some details of interest that are new to me include:
Radisson promo open to first 100,000 registrants for 50,000 points. After 100,000, registrants will earn 15,000 points.
Country Inn promo open to first 35,000 registrants for 44,000 points. After 35,000, registrants will earn 15,000 points
Park Inn promo open to first 20,000 registrants and begins on May 22. After 20,000, registrants will earn 15,000 points

Also, please note that Ric says:
"Here are terms I have confirmed with Club Carlson.

Club Carlson members can register for each brand promotion and earn all three bonuses.
Reservations made prior to the promotion launch for stays during the May-July promotion period are eligible for the bonus points.
Points + Cash stays are eligible for promotion bonuses."

Full write-up is here:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyal...aign=Feed: LoyaltyTraveler (Loyalty Traveler)

SanDiego1K May 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by greek2me (Post 18557701)
Could you go to a place where there are all 3 brands, stay at each of the 3 brands on the same night and meet the promo for all 3 in one fell swoop?

Likely no, though a quick check of the Ts and Cs didn't reveal the answer.

http://www.clubcarlson.com/section/t...ions.sidemenus

Most programs assume you can only occupy a room at one hotel on one night, and will not allow stay credits at multiple locations.

spankytoes May 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Not on the same night with the same account.

mabramovich May 11, 2012 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by clublounger (Post 18557427)
First of all, the promo T and C's haven't even been released yet.

Secondly, if someone here tells you "yes" or "no", should you believe it? Once the promo is official call CC, get an answer, notate the name of the person you spoke with if the answer is "yes" . Then book away.

Well, Flyertalkers are normally pretty reliable, so yes, typically I would believe them :)

You are correct in that the T/Cs have not been revealed, but there's so much insider knowledge here, I thought maybe someone already knew.

I'll report back once the T/Cs go live and I get confirmation.

TallestHotelInJapan May 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Why would someone book three rooms for one night? That doesn't make sense, does it? You can only stay in one room, can't you? So, why wasting money?