Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum status worth anything ?platinum status offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2022, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

I am still a gold member and have lots of points . They don’t have many foot prints in US and the ones are bad hotels so I don’t end up staying at radisson properties when we travel with my family. My Raddison business card recently got converted to a US bank card so that means no more gold membership status in the future for holding this card? Now my main question is : I just got an email offer that says , AN OFFER JUST FOR YOU It's easier than ever to get the benefits you love with Radisson Rewards Americas. Whether you enjoy an epic adventure or weekend escape, get Platinum Elite status after just one stay, now through October 31, 2022, at any of our 600+ hotels across the Americas.** . Is it worth doing it? Stay at any Radisson properties for one night with points or cash and get platinum status until 2024? Is the platinum breakfast available for my wife and child too when we stay ? Here is the terms and conditions . ** TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By registering for and participating in the “Radisson Rewards Americas Stay 1 for Platinum” (“Promotion”), you acknowledge, and you agree to these Terms and Conditions:

To be eligible for the Promotion, you must: (i) Be a Radisson Rewards Americas member (“Member”); (ii) Have received a private email invitation to participate in the promotion (“Eligible Member”); and (iii) Complete one “Eligible Stay” meaning one or more consecutive “Eligible Nights” arriving and departing between August 15, 2022 and October 31, 2022 (“Promotion Period”). An “Eligible Night” means a single night at a Participating Property that is both paid and point eligible.The Promotion is available at all hotels including Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Radisson Individuals, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotels in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and the Caribbean only (collectively, “Participating Properties”).

For the Promotion, an Eligible Member will earn Platinum Status valid through February 2024 by completing one Eligible Stay during the Promotion Period. The Member’s Status will be upgraded at the same time as points are awarded for the Eligible Stay (typically 2-5 days after check-out).

Stays paid for by redeeming Points or Points + Cash are NOT eligible for this Promotion. Existing stays booked prior to the Promotion Period are NOT eligible for this Promotion. Stays booked using an Online Travel Agent (sometimes referred to as “OTA”) and free stays (e-Certs) are NOT eligible for this Promotion.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I got similar, except mine was an immediate comp to Platinum thru Feb 2023, with the same extension to 2024 with one stay by October.

I've got a balance of about 100K, but haven't stayed in a Radisson since probably 2017. Never had the credit card either. I've only kept my account active with an occasional small points purchase to prevent expiry.

Having Platinum is better than not having platinum, of course, but I don't think I'll go out of my way to keep it.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swag
I got similar, except mine was an immediate comp to Platinum thru Feb 2023, with the same extension to 2024 with one stay by October.

I've got a balance of about 100K, but haven't stayed in a Radisson since probably 2017. Never had the credit card either. I've only kept my account active with an occasional small points purchase to prevent expiry.

Having Platinum is better than not having platinum, of course, but I don't think I'll go out of my way to keep it.
by looking at the terms and conditions above , is it that I just have to stay one night at any Radisson property with cash or on point before end of October 2021 and I will get platinum status until Feb 2024? Only one night stay required right ? Pls look at the terms and conditions and let me know ! Thanks . I always end up staying at Hilton Homewood suites , hyatt house hotels because of the home type feel with amenities and free breakfast for my family ! Radisson has country inn and suites but they are very few and mostly in very remote areas and they are horrible like a 1 star motelsl
Old Aug 18, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I wish I had gotten either offer.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by Sherab Sherab
by looking at the terms and conditions above , is it that I just have to stay one night at any Radisson property with cash or on point before end of October 2021 and I will get platinum status until Feb 2024? Only one night stay required right ? Pls look at the terms and conditions and let me know ! Thanks . I always end up staying at Hilton Homewood suites , hyatt house hotels because of the home type feel with amenities and free breakfast for my family ! Radisson has country inn and suites but they are very few and mostly in very remote areas and they are horrible like a 1 star motelsl
My offer, one night seems sufficient, but it most be paid, not points. And definitely seems targeted.

Bolding mine:
** TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By registering for and participating in the “Radisson Rewards Americas Stay 1 to Extend Status” (“Promotion”), you acknowledge, and you agree to these Terms and Conditions:

To be eligible for the Promotion, you must: (i) Be a Radisson Rewards Americas member (“Member”); (ii) Have received a private email invitation to participate in the promotion (“Eligible Member”); and (iii) Complete one “Eligible Stay” meaning one or more consecutive “Eligible Nights” arriving and departing between August 15, 2022 and October 31, 2022 (“Promotion Period”). An “Eligible Night” means a single night at a Participating Property that is both paid and point eligible.The Promotion is available at all hotels including Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Radisson Individuals, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotels in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and the Caribbean only (collectively, “Participating Properties”).

For the Promotion, an Eligible Member will be temporarily upgraded to Platinum Status through February 2023 and by completing one Eligible Stay during the Promotion Period their Platinum Status will be extended through February 2024. The Member’s Status will be extended at the same time as points are awarded for the Eligible Stay (typically 2-5 days after check-out).

Stays paid for by redeeming Points or Points + Cash are NOT eligible for this Promotion. Existing stays booked prior to the Promotion Period are NOT eligible for this Promotion. Stays booked using an Online Travel Agent (sometimes referred to as “OTA”) and free stays (e-Certs) are NOT eligible for this Promotion.

Promotion is subject to the complete Radisson Rewards Americas Terms and Conditions. Radisson Rewards Americas reserves the right to add, modify, or discontinue Promotion without notice. Radisson Rewards Americas is not responsible for any technical failures/interruptions, internet accessibility problems, incomplete or inaccurate registration information, or other errors of any kind that may affect your registration for this Promotion. Offer is valid only for the account receiving the invitation and is not transferrable. Other exclusions may apply. Void where prohibited by law.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
I got the offer of Platinum now and extend to 2024 with 1 stay. I am planning to stay at a Radisson for a wedding next spring so I might just do this for that stay.

My question is since I no nothing about Radisson (not sure why I was targeted - I bet it is 10 years since I stayed at one (Scranton - which by the way was beautiful as it is the old train station) - It does not work with Europe right? I know they are different ownership but wondering if they share a rewards program (I highly doubt it since it says North America but I just wanted to ask.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by fwfdan
I got the offer of Platinum now and extend to 2024 with 1 stay. I am planning to stay at a Radisson for a wedding next spring so I might just do this for that stay.

My question is since I no nothing about Radisson (not sure why I was targeted - I bet it is 10 years since I stayed at one (Scranton - which by the way was beautiful as it is the old train station) - It does not work with Europe right? I know they are different ownership but wondering if they share a rewards program (I highly doubt it since it says North America but I just wanted to ask.
Right. Last year, Radisson split the hotels & rewards programs - Radisson Rewards Americas is for the Americas (incl Latin/South), while Radisson Rewards is for everywhere else. You can have accounts at both, but AFAIK, you can't combine stays/nights for one program with another. For example, 3 stays at hotels in the Americas and 3 stays at hotels in Europe won't get you Silver's 6 stays.

For now, you can still match your status from Americas to Worldwide (and vice versa), as well as transfer points between the programs. But with the Choice acquisition, it's anyone's guess as to when this will end. Also, if you earn Platinum in the Americas program through this promotion, I'm not sure when the matched status will expire (2/2023 or 2/2024). If Choice wasn't in the picture, you could easily just re-match next spring. That might not be possible moving forward.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the Promotion, an Eligible Member will earn Platinum Status valid through February 2024
What goofy terms, considering:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radi...-americas.html

means there probably won't be a Radisson Rewards Americas program anymore long before February 2024. So how can they possibly honor that???

Anyway, to answer the question posed in the thread title: I've found that Platinum gave me free bottles of water on each Country Inn & Suites stay. That's better than nothing.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by sdsearch
What goofy terms, considering:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radi...-americas.html

means there probably won't be a Radisson Rewards Americas program anymore long before February 2024. So how can they possibly honor that???

Anyway, to answer the question posed in the thread title: I've found that Platinum gave me free bottles of water on each Country Inn & Suites stay. That's better than nothing.
I am sure they will somehow honor status after the integration into Choice (and the integration of the rewards program might take a while) and status will convert as well as points. Just like SPG to Bonvoy when Starwood was destroyed (oops I mean acquired) by Marriott.
GUWonder likes this.

Last edited by fwfdan; Aug 28, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Old Sep 3, 2022, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fwfdan
I am sure they will somehow honor status after the integration into Choice (and the integration of the rewards program might take a while) and status will convert as well as points. Just like SPG to Bonvoy when Starwood was destroyed (oops I mean acquired) by Marriott.
Except that both Starwood and Marriott had non-trivial elite status benefits at many brands before the merger, but Choice doesn't yet have any.

Choice mostly has brands that are the equivalent of Country Inn & Suites (if not below that), ie, free breakfast of some sort for all guests, no lounge, etc. They sometimes give me free bottles of water at check-in, as a Choice Diamond Elite, much like Country Inn & Suites did for me as a Radisson Platinum Elite, but it's not reliable.

So Choice doesn't have elite status benefits like free breakfast at hotels that don't offer it to everyone, or elite benefits like lounge access. Elite levels don't get you much more than faster points earning at Choice, and sometimes free bottles of water at check-in. So it'll be interesting to see how Choice handles integrating with a program that took elite status "more seriously".
GUWonder likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 5:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I don’t think Choice US elite status benefits amount to a whole lot for me. I’ve had some upgrades at times but other than that and more points being earned, nothing that would make me excited to become a Platinum or even Diamond with Choice via Radisson status being matched as part of this transition.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 1:17 am
Original Poster

My offer mentioned on the post seems confusing. it says" An “Eligible Night” means a single night at a Participating Property that is both paid and point eligible." But then it also says " Stays paid for by redeeming Points or Points + Cash are NOT eligible for this Promotion."
Will stay on points count to earn the platinum status or it has to be booked with cash only?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 2:08 pm

My offer mentioned on the post seems confusing. it says" An “Eligible Night” means a single night at a Participating Property that is both paid and point eligible." But then it also says " Stays paid for by redeeming Points or Points + Cash are NOT eligible for this Promotion."
Will stay on points count to earn the platinum status or it has to be booked with cash only?
It seems crystal clear to me and isn't confusing at all. You have to be on a paid rate (BAR, B&B, Member only, AAA, etc.) and booked directly via Radisson Americas for it to qualify for the promotion. Your points and/or points + cash stays will still earn "regular" elite nights/stays and points on incidentals, but they won't count for the purposes of this promotion.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tennen
It seems crystal clear to me and isn't confusing at all. You have to be on a paid rate (BAR, B&B, Member only, AAA, etc.) and booked directly via Radisson Americas for it to qualify for the promotion. Your points and/or points + cash stays will still earn "regular" elite nights/stays and points on incidentals, but they won't count for the purposes of this promotion.
So any one night regular credit card rate stay at any Radisson properties in the US including a Country inn & suites by October 31, 2022 will earn me Platinum status until Feb 2024 right?
Is it true that Platinum with Radisson will get me free breakfast but only to me and not to family member staying with me? If that's the case, I think this is not useful since I travel with my wife and our kid. Maybe I can get matched to other Hyatt status with this?

Thanks
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:19 pm

So any one night regular credit card rate stay at any Radisson properties in the US including a Country inn & suites by October 31, 2022 will earn me Platinum status until Feb 2024 right?
Yes
Is it true that Platinum with Radisson will get me free breakfast but only to me and not to family member staying with me? If that's the case, I think this is not useful since I travel with my wife and our kid.
From the T&Cs, yes, it looks like breakfast is "officially" for the Platinum member only. However, as with any other hotel chain elite breakfast benefit, YMMV. Some properties are bound to be more generous with the "continental" aspect and/or the number of breakfasts per room. Also, Platinum gets you standard suite upgrades (to be fair, I've been upgraded to suites as a Gold in EMEA; rare, but it happens), which could come in handy for your wife & kid. If you match it to Radisson Rewards, Platinum in EMEA gets you 2 breakfasts and depending on the kid's age, some hotels feed them for free anyway.
Maybe I can get matched to other Hyatt status with this?
I don't know how Hyatt status matching works, but you may or may not have to provide your stay history with the competitor for the last 12 months, in addition to the proof of status. And you'll have to research what status Hyatt will match from Radisson Americas Platinum. If they don't give Globalist, it may not be worth it.

Personally, if I had gotten the targeted offer, I would've gone for it, even though Radisson (both Americas & Other) is far from my go-to hotel option (more like the 3rd or 4th backup of a backup). One $100-150 stay at a Country Inn is a small price to pay for Platinum in Radisson Americas through 2/2024, or the Choice equivalent when they combine. IIRC, Choice has some good hotels outside of the US, so perhaps Choice status can come in handy. Keep in mind that you can still match Radisson Americas to Radisson and vice versa. At the very least, you'll get to enjoy the latter until 2/2023 or maybe even 2/2024 if the Choice acquisition goes slowly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.