Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Rewards Category Changes 2/1/2020

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Radisson Rewards Category Changes 2/1/2020

Was just looking at the site and noticed they posted a category change list effective 2/1/2020 so I figured I would share! If a change at 7 properties is all we are in for then I would say Radisson is bucking the trend we have seen at other hotel chains in 2019.

https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us...tegory-updates

Since it's a short list I have cut and pasted it as well:

As of February 1, 2020, the hotels lists below will move to a new hotel category, resulting in a decrease or increase in the number of points required to redeem an award night. The new categories apply to bookings made on or after February 1, 2020.

Americas

Property: Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Jackson, TN
  • Current Category​: 4
  • New Category: 3
  • Points Required for Award Night: 28,000

Property: Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport
  • New Category: 5
  • Points Required for Award Night: 44,000

Property: Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport
  • ​Current Category​: 4

Property: Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport
  • ​Current Category​: 3
  • New Category: 4
  • Points Required for Award Night: 38,000

Property: Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Diego North, CA

Europe, Middle East, Africa

Property: Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest
  • ​Current Category​: 4

Property: Park Inn by Radisson Bucharest Hotel & Residence
  • ​Current Category​: 2
  • ​New Category: 3
  • ​Points Required for Award Night: 28,000
Sweet Willie and Brendan like this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:59 am

No downgrades. I've ceased trying to gather/use Radisson points via CC since the redemptions in places I go in Europe were pushed to the 70K value.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by xooz
No downgrades. I've ceased trying to gather/use Radisson points via CC since the redemptions in places I go in Europe were pushed to the 70K value.
The first one went down and with just these limited changes that went up, I am surprised you are making it sound like the ship is sinking. Marriott's done a lot worse to their program this year than RR. Where were you expecting decreases? Not like we saw many decreases from both Marriott and Hilton in the last couple of months.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:38 am

Agree that the list of changes is quite small and that at least is good news for the faithful. For me as a credit card wielding opportunist, I reluctantly gave up my Radisson card and it's 5 points per dollar accrual and have moved to Chase Freedom Unlimited/Hyatt transfer for my non-bonus spend and redemptions. There are still some good value properties with Radisson, but I think I have only stayed once in the US.
Brendan likes this.

Last edited by xooz; Jan 6, 2020 at 10:46 am
Old Jul 7, 2020, 3:55 am

Programs: Exec Club - Gold, HH - Diamond, Club Carlson - Gold, IHG - Spire
Just looking at UK hotels for points going forwards, it seems a lot have gone up to 57,000 points e.g. Durham, Liverpool. Anyone else noticed this? Not sure if there has been an annoucement for more category increases
Old Jul 7, 2020, 8:11 am

Looking at London, it seems a mess. Some hotels offering standard rooms for cash but not points and most of the redemptions are higher but possibly associated with a higher category room (in theory).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.