Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Hotel New York Midtown-Fifth Avenue

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl

This morning while playing on the updated website this popped up! Radisson Hotel New York Midtown-Fifth Avenue expected August 12, 2019!. Huge welcome surprise!

https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us...ildren%5B%5D=0

Could we be going from NO Radisson options in NYC to 2 new Radissons? The address is definitely not the same as the already announced Radisson Times Square on 8th Avenue.....but it's virtually the same address as the Club Quarters Hotel near Rockefeller Center (just missing the Unit 3 & 4 description). Maybe a quick reflag?

Last edited by christianj; Jul 17, 2019 at 6:08 am
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Even though the link in my previous post is gone, there are more signs that the property is indeed in the works:

https://www.booking.com/hotel/us/clu...er-center.html - See Radisson Name!

https://www.google.com/search?q=club+quarters+rockefeller+center&rlz=1C1G CEU_enUS822US822&oq=club+qua&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0l 3j69i60l2.4719j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 - See on the right side of the page under the photos it mentions Radisson Hotel and not Club Quarters and the address is correct.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser..._New_York.html - Even the most recent TA
review mentions Radisson conversion.

UPDATE! Link in original post working again as well!

Last edited by christianj; Aug 14, 2019 at 10:21 am
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

Radisson Hotel New York Wall Street

show up for a random date in November (first I tried)
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:01 am
Original Poster

@blitzen...so we go from NO hotels in NYC to 3 with these two the the TS one! ^ Looks like both are Club Quarters conversions.

I just checked yesterday so these were all added today. The two new ones require 70k per night (even though I would have assume Wall Street location would be less) so I assume the new build one at TS will as well when it comes online.
blitzen likes this.

Last edited by christianj; Aug 15, 2019 at 11:07 am
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Wow - this brings back memories. I spent a tremendous amount of time in the old Club Quarters down on William Street about two decades ago. Office was down in lower Manhattan so even though we had the option of staying midtown, I was too lazy to deal with the morning commute.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Checked various dates .... the Wall St one is no problem with the free night cert, but the Midtown/5th Av one showed no availability for points/certs only cash
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blitzen
Checked various dates .... the Wall St one is no problem with the free night cert, but the Midtown/5th Av one showed no availability for points/certs only cash
My reference point, both showed up for dates I checked for the first weekend in December where we always go to NYC as being available on points. Times Square new build did not show up even though I was told it was opening in November.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
I am seeing points reservations at the Midtown available. No cert availability for the entire calendar. So I'm guessing that hasn't been loaded yet, or at least I hope that's the case.
blitzen and christianj like this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by mile ho
I am seeing points reservations at the Midtown available. No cert availability for the entire calendar. So I'm guessing that hasn't been loaded yet, or at least I hope that's the case.
Anyone know when certs will be available to book?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:38 pm

Just booked with points and asked contacted radisson ("contact us") to replace the points bookings with certs.
The Midtown 51st Street one rooms that are available for points are not to lowest category. According to the description they even include club lounge access.
Brendan likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
Just booked with points and asked contacted radisson ("contact us") to replace the points bookings with certs.
The Midtown 51st Street one rooms that are available for points are not to lowest category. According to the description they even include club lounge access.
Did they honor your request to convert to cert bookings ?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Did they honor your request to convert to cert bookings ?
sent the request via “contact us” and waiting for a response (in a few days I suppose)
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:35 am

The Wall Street one seems to have very good availability for cash, points and e-certs. The Midtown is available for cash and for points but so far not for e-certs (random dates checked up to March 2020). The Times Square shows availability (even for e-cert) starting in January 2020.
GobiFox and christianj like this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:30 am

Was looking at booking a couple nights for October, anyone stayed at the Midtown-Fifth Ave yet? Not seeing any rooms with two beds available or even listed on their site. Looking for 2 adults + 1 child options.

EDIT: I called and the front desk claims a rollaway bed can fit in a Premium Room-King (70k / night), which also includes club access. Lets hope so, otherwise I'll be sleeping on the floor with my wife and six year old sharing the bed.

Last edited by hensleyrob; Sep 3, 2019 at 11:19 am
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:40 am
Original Poster

I asked the Mod to change the title of the post to reflect the Radisson Midtown-Fifth Avenue in the title (before it was just a rumor and now we know it's definitely a new hotel). Thanks jpdx for doing so!

Let's continue discussions in this thread on that property and then I will start a new thread on the Wall Street one where we can post on that property. I think this will help in the future for searches and people wanting specific comments on the properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.