Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Rewards + Jin Jiang Loyalty Program = ?....Let's speculate!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl

With the recent announcement that Radisson Rewards will be combined into a new rewards program with the other Jin Jiang program, it brings up some uncertainty of exactly what we will get. Some of us get anxiety when thinking about program mergers and acquisitions....think Bonvoy mess or even some merger where the program was completely ruined.

Anyone want to speculate on how these will be combined and what we will get? My two views:

Good
For me the best result would be if the program included all the hotels in the Radisson Rewards portfolio as well as all of the properties in the Louvre Hotels Group portfolio (1500 hotels) owned by Jin Jiang. This would include Hôtels & Préférences, Royal Tulip, Golden Tulip, Tulip Inn, Metropolo, Campanile, Sarovar, Kyriad, Jin Jiang Inn and Première Classe. The big gain here would be some really high-end properties that are part of the Hôtels & Préférences brand that are mainly in France.

Program earnings would be based on price paid and redemptions would have a set cost....essentially like the current Radisson program.

Bad to Horrible
They only include certain chains in the program. Right now the Golden Tulip Flavours program only seems to "earn" at Golden Tulip properties and not at the other Jin Jiang properties. I think Jin Jiang has it's own program but their website is horrible so I cannot figure anything out. There seems to be no full program for all of the Louvre Hotels brands combined.

Program earnings would be based on price paid BUT redemptions would be for $/Euro/Other currency vouchers that could be used to pay for hotel rooms. I hate these types of redemptions based on past experience (think Accor).

Anyone have experience with the Golden Tulip Flavours program? Website doesn't explain redemptions at all. How does their program work? Do you earn awards points with all the chains that are currently part of Louvre Hotels (Jin Jiang) or is it only at certain chains?
SanDiego1K likes this.

Last edited by christianj; May 1, 2019 at 2:04 pm
Old May 3, 2019, 6:12 am

Efrem Berman, Radisson’s head of global loyalty and engagement, said that “concept of recognition” is what’s important at this stage,
noting
there are no plans to fully integrate or merge the rewards programs into a new entity.

Radisson execs see Chinese inroads with owner Jin Jiang-Easeland Hotel Guangzhou-Tourism News

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; May 4, 2019 at 2:56 am
Old May 3, 2019, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
To me the comments in this article sure sound more like a fully integrated program. Sure in the beginning it's just working together more closely till they figure things out.

https://www.hotelbusiness.com/hb-on-...ned-by-summer/

Some key quotes: (Source of the quotes is the article linked above. Bold and underline done by me to highlight.)

"The process of combining both loyalty programs has been a benefit for the integration of the two companies, according to Kevin Carl, EVP/global chief IT officer with Radisson."

"The first step of that will lead to the pilots, which Eric mentioned, in June, and then we will go to a further integration later in the year."

Last edited by christianj; May 3, 2019 at 6:52 am
Old May 4, 2019, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by christianj
To me the comments in this article sure sound more like a fully integrated program. Sure in the beginning it's just working together more closely till they figure things out.

https://www.hotelbusiness.com/hb-on-...ned-by-summer/

Some key quotes: (Source of the quotes is the article linked above. Bold and underline done by me to highlight.)

"The process of combining both loyalty programs has been a benefit for the integration of the two companies, according to Kevin Carl, EVP/global chief IT officer with Radisson."

"The first step of that will lead to the pilots, which Eric mentioned, in June, and then we will go to a further integration later in the year."
Well, in the sentence I quoted it did say
at this stage,
So no reason to panic just yet
Old May 4, 2019, 6:42 am

This was posted in another thread, maybe better here.

Overview of the Jin Jiang Hotel Loyalty Program - PointsInAsia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.