Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2022, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Radisson Americas extended points expiration to June 20, 2022, but many members received 100 free points that extends the account to November 2023

To extend the expiration date without a stay:
Print Wikipost

Best way to extend the points expiration?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2022, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by sdsearch

So their website seems seriously broken in terms of showing any past activity.
And sadly it appears they still haven’t fixed it.
YUL and medellinfein like this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by TTT103
I'm perplexed as to why people are concerned about their points expiring given that as long as you either earn points or redeem points for a stay within 24 months, they don't expire. Even those that may be sitting on a boatload of points would surely redeem some of them every 24 months. No?
Radisson is not a transfer partner, so I don't use them when there are other options like Wyndham or IHG or Hilton. There are also very few earn options.

Does transferring between the two Radisson programs reset the clock?
Old May 4, 2022, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
I just lost all my points on Dec 31, 2021. Do they normally give courtesy reactivations? I was expecting it to be made active further:

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/11/12/...november-2023/

Did you manage to get yours reactivated? It's a little unfair and confusing that "Radisson Hotels" (international) extended points through June 2022 but Radisson America did not.
Old May 5, 2022, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by facula
Did you manage to get yours reactivated? It's a little unfair and confusing that "Radisson Hotels" (international) extended points through June 2022 but Radisson America did not.
Yes.

Anyone?
Old May 19, 2022, 3:13 pm

Just got all my points re-instated over the phone. Expired end of 2021, missed all the emails that went to my "promotions" junk folder. New 2 year expiration.
Old May 19, 2022, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone?
I think you can try 1000 transfer. After that, call them and ask about the expiration date of your account.

Another way is to make a cancellable redemption.

Finally, pay $7 to buy points.

The last 2 are confirmed by the CSR being eligible activities.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:33 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
I've bought 1000 points before, which seemed to work.
Happy likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:13 am

If I transfer points from the Americas program to non-Americas, I see fewer ways to earn in the US: hotel stay, meeting, car rental, in person shopping at Bicester Village, buy/gift points. I'm not sure all US car rentals even support both programs. I assume booking/canceling an award or buying points keeps points alive in both programs.

Are there other ways to keep points alive in the non-Americas program?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
I've bought 1000 points before, which seemed to work.
Does this (buying 1000 points) work for either/both the America's silo and also the Global silo?

FWIW, today I transferred a small number of points (under 100) from Americas to Global. Neither expiration date has changed (at least in the few hours after the successful transfer).
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Does this (buying 1000 points) work for either/both the America's silo and also the Global silo?

FWIW, today I transferred a small number of points (under 100) from Americas to Global. Neither expiration date has changed (at least in the few hours after the successful transfer).
AFAIK the website of each program only shows the expiration date of your status, not of your points. When you say "neither expiration date" you're talking about the one shown as "exp. date" on the website? Or you called to ask?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:23 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by _kurt
AFAIK the website of each program only shows the expiration date of your status, not of your points. When you say "neither expiration date" you're talking about the one shown as "exp. date" on the website? Or you called to ask?
Just going by the "expiration date" shown on the websites. Izzat the status expiration rather than the points?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:59 pm

Just going by the "expiration date" shown on the websites. Izzat the status expiration rather than the points?
It is. For a supporting data point, my very-last-ever US Bank annual bonus just posted, and my Americas account still shows 3/23 exp. Only customer service can tell you your points expiration date
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by _kurt
It is. For a supporting data point, my very-last-ever US Bank annual bonus just posted, and my Americas account still shows 3/23 exp. Only customer service can tell you your points expiration date
The only to know is to call customer service, from own experiences.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BTW, does one must call to transfer points to another person’s account?

Ages ago I used online email form to request point transfer between spouses. I am thinking about consolidating all pts to one single account before moving some to the Rest of the World.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.