Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Country Inn & Suites Portland International Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, AS, SPG, MR, IHG, PC

Checked in on 2/6/19 requesting a quiet room away from the elevators. Inquired about the shuttle bus to the airport. Was informed I would need to contact the front desk ahead of time to have my name placed on a list. The shuttle departs on the hour and half hour. It was necessary to inform the front desk clerk of my Gold status in order to receive my welcome gift.

Went to my assigned room which was located near an elevator. Called the front desk to be reassigned to another room. Was told they would get back to me shortly. After waiting 15 minutes went down to the front desk where I received a key to a suitable room.

Shortly after 4:00 PM called the front desk to inform them of my desire to take the 4:30 PM shuttle. Was asked if I would like a wake up call. I made it quite clear that I wanted to take the 4:30 PM shuttle and definitely not the 4:30 AM shuttle the following morning. Took the shuttle that afternoon to and from the airport without issue. At 4:20 AM the following morning I was awakened by a call from the front desk informing me that the shuttle would be leaving soon.

At check out I politely informed the front desk clerk of my displeasure and requested to speak to the manager or assistant manager. Neither were available, but was told someone in a managerial position would contact me. To date have not heard back from the hotel. A total failure of communication and customer service follow up.

UPDATE:
Subsequent to my initial post I took the initiative to contact the property on 2/8. Spoke to the General Manager, Melissa and advised her of my negative experience and this review. She apologized for the situation and stated she would redeposit the Radisson Rewards points (28,000) utilized for the stay, to my account . Contacted Melissa by email on 2/15, advising her that the 28,000 reward points had not been redeposited to my account. On 2/20, after not hearing back from Melissa, I contacted Radisson Member Services and apprised them of the situation. At that time 28,000 reward points were finally deposited into my account by Member Services.

This experience is a perfect example of how some business'es/enterprises just keep digging the hole deeper.

Last edited by rbwpi; Feb 20, 2019 at 12:29 pm Reason: Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.