Wiki Posts
Search

Data Breach

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, RR Platinum, BA Gold
Data Breach

Received an email from "[email protected]" today notifying me of a data breach discovered on 1st October 2018 and which occurred on the 11th September (Full statement below). No apology, no details on what to do next and no information on their website so I can't even confirm authenticity of it.

Anyone else had this?

On October 1, 2018, Radisson Rewards identified a data security incident that occurred on September 11, 2018, impacting a small percentage of our Radisson Rewards® members. This data security incident did not compromise any credit card or password information. Our ongoing investigation has determined that the information accessed was restricted to member name, address (including country of residence), email address, and in some cases, company name, phone number, Radisson Rewards member number and any frequent flyer numbers on file.

We are writing to inform you that your account was one of the member accounts impacted by this incident. Upon identifying this issue Radisson Rewards immediately revoked access to the unauthorized person(s). All impacted member accounts have been secured, and flagged to monitor for any potential unauthorized behavior. While the ongoing risk to your Radisson Rewards account is low, please monitor your account for any suspicious activity. You should also be aware that third parties may claim to be Radisson Rewards and attempt to gather personal information by deception (known as “phishing”), including through the use of links to fake websites. Radisson Rewards will not ask for your password or user information to be provided in an e-mail

Radisson Rewards takes this incident very seriously and is conducting an ongoing extensive investigation into the incident to help prevent data privacy incidents from happening again in the future.

If you have any questions or wish to speak to a customer care representative, please contact [email protected] or call:
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Just had the same email. Been a good month so far what with data breaches at BA and Cathay Pacific as well ...
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
I also received the email and it is pretty disappointing. No information on why it took so long to issue the notification or any other details on how they have met their GDPR obligations.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:41 am

Ditto. Just got same thing.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
These data breaches seem like they are becoming way too common across the airline and hotel brands. Either the hackers are getting smarter, or the companies are cutting costs and using cheap security methods. (Or both)
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hertz PC, IC Plat, Hilton Gold, Carlson Gold
Pretty annoying that my email was basically "hey we have ...... data security and let it all out to some nefarious group. Okebye".

Sadly the response (and the breach) shows how bush league of a company Carlson is...
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I can't access Radisson Rewards website from the hotel server on my pc (403 Forbidden), is this related to the breach?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, RR Platinum, BA Gold
Wouldn't have thought so. I can access website just fine, and I'm actually using Hilton WiFi!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.