Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

So what is the verdict so far about Radisson Rewards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK

I left the chain after 2-4-1 reservation was gone, and the "enhancements".

So what are the experiences now after some time has elapsed after the latest change, and is there any goodies to come back?

The word is yours, frequent butts-in-bed
Old May 27, 2018, 11:13 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Other than the new logo, which an intern did during the break with a b&w printer, there's no news for Radisson Rewards.
BUT with new owners, Carlson US and Carlson Rezidor EU are apparently now talking to each other, so there is still hope for improvements...
Check back in a year...
happychic and FFlash like this.
Old May 28, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
No experiences, was concierge/platinum member last year, after the 2-4-1 removal my status now looks like this

Have Accor platinum already secured for next year. Have a couple of Radisson stays booked for the summer, burning the remaining points from last year.
FFlash likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
I had been Concierge for several years but after 2for1/4for2 removal I didn’t bother to ensure I had 30 stays.

So I soft landed to Gold on 1 March 2018 and since then have only stayed one night in the Park Inn in Keflavík and used points for a one night stay in Park Plaza Westminster. Now I’ve only 701 points left.

I have a booking for the Radisson Blu in Nantes in the Autumn when I’m going to see Wardruna in concert and one night in the Park Plaza Sukhumvit in December when I’m in Bangkok. The other four nights I’m staying elsewhere.

In all my other forthcoming trips to Malta, Istanbul, Tbilisi, Zurich, Gran Canaria, Rome, Edinburgh (over 30 nights) I’m not staying in RR properties.

It’s been quite liberating actually, I’m getting to discover independent, quirky hotels.

None of the Dream Deals or other promotions have so far tempted me back...
Old May 28, 2018, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Did I miss something? What about this program was enhanced? The only reason why I've stuck with it is because there are a number of 15K point hotels which I can stay at. And when they do a 100% buy points bonus, the cost to stay at these hotels is slightly over $50 per night. And they occasionally have a promo where it's easy to get a bunch of bonus points for relatively little cost. But I really shifted away from Club Carlson when the Weekend Extender benefit went away. And was made even worse for me this year when a couple of 9K point hotels I use went up in category.
Old May 28, 2018, 10:23 pm
Suspended

There are several citys where Rads rule(heading to VNO,CPH,RIX) in the near future and basically they have hotels where I want to be. Also in Europe they have a few airports where they are in airport, which works great when Im arriving late and flying out early

So if a person hits the places or will hit where they have a strong presence it pays to have Rad pts to use when rev rates are high. In the US the CI&Ss are OK but thats about it (OK a couple Blus) but in the US they have those hotels that simply no other chain would allow them to hand their sign on them. While in Europe they have some very solid locations
the810 likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I find RHG offer to be very good in certain regions of the EU (and also Norway), both in terms of quality and quantity. But Radisson Rewards still doesn't make sense, particularly because elite treatment lacks consistency - about half of the time it's excellent and other half of stays goes without any recognition at all. So I have sort of love-hate relationship with RR, depending on my last stay at the time - I keep going from "whatever, if they have nice property where I go, I'll stick with them, otherwise just book whatever else looks good" to "this is actually nice, I'm gonna stick with RHG after all". In the end of the day, it's status with RR or no status at all because due to my travel patterns, I'm unable to score gold status with Hilton or Marriott which still have huge gaps in their coverage (and I'm not interested in silver status with anyone, they are more or less worthless).
Old May 31, 2018, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Fyd
Other than the new logo, which an intern did during the break with a b&w printer, there's no news for Radisson Rewards.
BUT with new owners, Carlson US and Carlson Rezidor EU are apparently now talking to each other, so there is still hope for improvements...
Check back in a year...
Haha, this commen tells a lot. And the silence and amount of posts in this forum these days
Check back in a year then
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: AA; The Peninsula
I'm in a hotel room 30-40 nights/year. Radisson properties used to account for 90% of that. Last year and this year, it's < 10%. Rewards benefits have been scaled back, points devalued. And let's face it, the quality of the hard product isn't all that competitive in many cases, at least not in the UK.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:56 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
After the free night when booking one night with credit card was taken away, we stopped staying at Radissons other than to use up points.... we got great benefit from that as did many here.

Wednesday, I combined the points in our two accounts and booked 7 nights in NYC. 350K points at hotel that would have cost $4,241.50 for the same seven nights. I was happy with that redemption. I now have 211 points in my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.