Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Country Inn and Suites Long Island City

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Country Inn and Suites Long Island City

Despite some ongoing issues, this has been our go-to location in NYC because of low price and great location. Recently, I have been having difficulty in booking any dates if the future. The website shows no available rooms and the phone goes unanswered. I am aware that the city has been in the practice of using different hotels in Queens for homeless shelters as well as refuge for battered partners and their children. Of course there is always the possibility that the location is no longer a member of the Carlson brand. The Carlson rep was unable to answer in that regard only that there are no available rooms. If anyone has information it would be appreciated. I've got a bucket of points to use and can't see myself using them up at the awful Martinique in Manhattan.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:49 pm
SBT

I like you use this as my go to hotel location in New York. Have stayed there over a dozen times over the past five years usually for 3-4 days. Great for convenience, price, but nothing else. Disgrace to the Brand name. Its off the Club Carlson website. Calling the hotel gets an evasive answer. Wrote to Club Carlson without a response.
The property was once fabulous for the Country Inn brand. I've seen it became more and more run down and the terrible reviews reflect that. Stained carpets, broken furniture, dingy towels, mold in the bathroom, broken mirrors, stained sheets with holes, etc.
My guess is that their franchise license was suspended, revoked, until they remodel which is unlikely.
When you call the hotel direct they still answer Country Inn. Would love to hear from someone at Club Carlson or Country Inns.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Was just by there yesterday. The signage is gone
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Oh well, there are other acceptable hotels in Long Island City which is a great option for budget-minded travelers to NYC.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:25 am
SBT

Any that you have stayed at would recommend?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SBT
Any that you have stayed at would recommend?
Yes, the Sleep Inn just a few blocks away near the Queensbridge subway stop. Hyatt has also opened a new location there but probably pricier than I like to pay. Comfort Inn and Quality Inn are ok for members of Choice Privileges program.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:11 am
Original Poster

I talked in person with a desk clerk yesterday. He said the hotel is no longer affiliated with any chain (despite CI&Suites signage which is still there). Rooms are available through Booking.com but obviously stays do not accrue points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.