Wiki Posts
Search

Double points or nights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Double points or nights

The end of the promo I kinda like - you can choose either double points or double nights for the stays rest of this year. Handy if you don't (or do) have enough stays for next year.

https://www.clubcarlson.com/secure/o...arquee:q4promo

The decision is yours to make. From November 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016, you can earn either Double Gold Points® on all Eligible Stays, or Double Elite Qualifying Nights on each Eligible Night.

Double Points will help you get one step closer to your next free Award Night, and Double Elite Qualifying Nights will get you closer to maintaining or achieving Elite status through 2017. Whichever choice you make, you'll get to your goal twice as fast.

Which offer will you choose?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 5:37 am

Will points bookings count for the Double Elite Qualifying Nights or only the points+cash ones?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 6:31 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by hotellazur
Will points bookings count for the Double Elite Qualifying Nights or only the points+cash ones?
It says "each Eligible Night", since points and points + cash are elite qualifying, they most certainly count, that is my experience with previous promotions ever since points and p+c nights started to qualify.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 6:47 am

Thanks so much murilix, thats the clear message on this page: "Elite Status Faster
Earn Elite status faster - Points + Cash nights and Award Nights count toward Elite Status." https://www.clubcarlson.com/fgp/memb...memberbenefits

But in the Terms & Conditions of the promotion they are sayin: "Stays or nights paid for by redeeming Gold Points are not eligible for this Promotion." https://www.clubcarlson.com/secure/o...red:yourchoice
That's why I am worried. Probably I have to try by myself.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by hotellazur
But in the Terms & Conditions of the promotion they are sayin: "Stays or nights paid for by redeeming Gold Points are not eligible for this Promotion." https://www.clubcarlson.com/secure/o...red:yourchoice
That's why I am worried. Probably I have to try by myself.
Thank you, I overlooked this. There's clearly a conflict in the wording.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by murilix
Thank you, I overlooked this. There's clearly a conflict in the wording.
I have had three nights paid for points and cash *not* credit for double points following a stay last week at the Bangkok Radisson Blu Plaza. I will chase up with CC after a second stay there this week also on points and cash.

Last edited by CoweyB; Nov 8, 2016 at 10:58 pm
Old Nov 10, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
LiveFromALounge Registration for Club Carlson Promo

Not exactly sure where to post this. But the promotion advertised by this blogger includes a Register Link to an obscure website: "MyFBT news portal"

That looks fishy to me. Comments?

http://livefromalounge.boardingarea....196.1431982017
Old Nov 10, 2016, 10:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It looks as if the page simply links to the wrong site. Have you notified the author of the editing error?
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:39 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The link is under the 'decisions' text: https://www.clubcarlson.com/secure/offers/12239083
Old Nov 11, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by CoweyB
I have had three nights paid for points and cash *not* credit for double points following a stay last week at the Bangkok Radisson Blu Plaza. I will chase up with CC after a second stay there this week also on points and cash.
Same here, park plaza sukhumvit. Just followed up with CC.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by slickvik
Same here, park plaza sukhumvit. Just followed up with CC.
I heard back from CC today. Apparently points and cash boookings don't count for double points.

Harrumph.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
2for1 reservations seem to give double nights.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:58 pm

I got double points on a recent 241.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
I signed up for double elite nights. I didn't do purposeful MRs and didn't renew Concierge status by the end of year 2016.

Interesting side effect is that double nights are eligible for rollover. I've got 29 elite nights on January 6, 2017. That means that just 6 more nights will give me Gold status for 2018. I even checked if that's right with the member service and they confirmed that's correct.

I had some fun with concierge status but it doesn't feel like top elite. Status is totally useless in US, not much in EU. Almost no suite upgrades, not every hotel gave amenity, internet speed is the same for everyone and slowish, no lounges. Breakfasts are good but only given to 1 room. Our family need 2 rooms to fit us all. Most central Europe properties refused to give more than 2 persons free brekafast. That is fair and according to rules but doesn't contribute to the love of top status.

The best perk for me is 241 and 442. That has limited availability these days but will still available as gold member. I will certainly use it for my family's leisure trips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.