Wiki Posts
Search

Park Inn by Radisson Bogota - sold?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Park Inn by Radisson Bogota - sold?

We have a booking here for next year which was made before the free award night Visa benefit went away. Last week, I got an email that the hotel is no longer represented by Club Carlson but our booking would be honored as long as we didn't change anything.

I can't find anything online about what happened to this hotel. My booking is still in my account but it says:

Park Inn by Radisson Bogota
Cra 18 No 93-97
Bogota Cundinamarca, 111211
+571 4034000
MAP & DIRECTIONS
Hotel no longer represented by Park Inn by Radisson

If the free night benefit hadn't gone away, I'd be tempted to swap it to the Radisson ar Hotel Bogota Airport but I can't afford to lose the free night, I don't have enough points to pay for another night.

Any ideas?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Updating with all the information I currently have on this hotel.

Club Carlson CSRs don't even know who the new manager of the Park Inn Bogota is.........or they won't tell me. They gave me the phone # and I tried to call but I am in Australia and I don't speak Spanish that well, especially over the phone and the person who answered didn't speak English.

I used the free Visa night for the 2 night booking and the CSR made it clear that if I cancelled all I would get is mt 38k points back. They wouldn't let me transfer the booking to the Radisson in Bogota and maintain the rate.

It's a huge worry to not know who is operating this hotel. How do I even know it will still be a hotel in 6 months? They could turn it into condos or serviced apartments for long term.

I've been Googling like crazy, tried street view maps (latest pic is from Aug 2012) and all I could find is that they opened the hotel in 2014 and would be managed and operated by Zen Operadora SAS and owned by Andicapital. I had to use Google cache to get that much detail.

So I Googled Zen Operadora SAS and found some kind of registry for tourism operators and found that the license is cancelled.

I have tried Googling the address, the phone number, the name and nothing comes up to tell me who is operating this hotel now. It has disappeared from the Club Carlson website and most hotel booking engines though it lingers on a few.

I don't know if there is a Club Carlson rep on here or not but all I want is the name of the new hotel, who is managing it and their email contact.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Don't quite understand why you are so freaked out. You just mentioned that "booking would be honored as long as we didn't change anything"

Maybe it is reassurance you are looking for, so here it is. You will be fine.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Don't quite understand why you are so freaked out. You just mentioned that "booking would be honored as long as we didn't change anything"

Maybe it is reassurance you are looking for, so here it is. You will be fine.
Maybe if it had simply gone to another chain like Hilton or IHG I'd be more reassured. It is now independently managed - I finally found it on Booking.com though it hasn't listed with Expedia, Orbitz, etc yet.

It's changed hands a couple times in the last few years which is kind of sending a red flag up for me. I cancelled the booking and used the CC points elsewhere. I have points in IHG, Expedia & Orbitz which can be used for Bogota and give us a better choice of locations.

To be honest, I wouldn't have chosen this location if I hadn't been trying to maximize the CC points before the Visa card bogo went away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.