Wiki Posts
Search

Any New Orleans experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2014, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Any New Orleans experiences?

Looks like Club Carlson has some pretty limited choices for visiting the city. The Country Inn & Suites in the French Quarter (315 Magazine St) has some outstanding reviews on Trip Advisor.

Has anyone here stayed in the hotel? Is it relatively clean and in a good spot to walk to most of the FQ attractions, restaurants, and bars?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 5:36 pm

I've stayed there and had no issues with the cleanliness. I would just pull it up on Google maps to see if the distance to the FQ is acceptable for you. I had no issues walking there.

I received a nice little gift basket in the room as a Gold elite. Had some beads, a couple of postcards, local root beer, and some cajun chips.

I would stay there again.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Originally Posted by animalj7
I've stayed there and had no issues with the cleanliness. I would just pull it up on Google maps to see if the distance to the FQ is acceptable for you. I had no issues walking there.

I received a nice little gift basket in the room as a Gold elite. Had some beads, a couple of postcards, local root beer, and some cajun chips.

I would stay there again.
Awesome - thanks for the update and confirmation. I am actually trying to decide between this property and the Courtyard Iberville for a quick 3 day meeting for my team - most of whom have never been to New Orleans.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
Looks like Club Carlson has some pretty limited choices for visiting the city. The Country Inn & Suites in the French Quarter (315 Magazine St) has some outstanding reviews on Trip Advisor.

Has anyone here stayed in the hotel? Is it relatively clean and in a good spot to walk to most of the FQ attractions, restaurants, and bars?
I actually wrote one of the recent Trip Advisor reviews. I have been to NOLA a few times and usually stayed at the Hilton by the river, which is usually a bit cheaper of an option. However, now that I have stayed at the CI&S French Quarter I will definitely choose that over the Hilton for future stays, even if it is slightly more expensive. It is in a better location (definitely easily walkable to the French Quarter), has more charm, and the breakfast buffet is acceptable. It was clean and in a great spot. If you have a car I would recommend booking the valet rate ahead of time, it's cheaper that way and the parking around there seems to be quite difficult.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:38 am

What is close by? Like within a couple of blocks? Sure, NOLA is all about famous and interesting restaurant experiences, but it is nice to have simple affordable cafes and a little market for room drinks and snacks close by.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Very centrally located, I was able to walk everywhere, if not plenty of cabs or streetcars. Close enough to action, far enough to be quiet.

I liked this hotel, it is the nicest CI&S that I stayed at, by far.

Tiny pool, tiny gym, but all good, fit my needs. Tiny bar with afternoon happy hour, and very limited menu. But with plenty of options around, why stay at bar. wifi was free and good. concierge and front desk were excessively nice and willing to help.

Quirk is that it is 4-5 old side by side buildings that were renovated that
were merged together, so layout is odd, all rooms are different, elevators are odd. I had a stroller so struggled a little, but no big deal.

As gold, was offered a suite upgrade to King, but needed two beds, so had a tiny room.

Only negative, I stayed in peak of Christmas week, and breakfast was packed and staff could not keep up cleaning tables, and restocking food from 9-10am. If you go there at 7-8am no issues.

Also, atrium facing rooms can get loud due to echo of open lobby, and my alley facing room was loud when 5am garabage truck came to pick up garbage.

Rooms have mircowave and fridge.

Will be returning, and once again will be using my points and last night free.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:24 am

This is a extremely charming hotel, within walking distance of everything "you need".

It is built of seven warehouses in the old quarters, having said that it is not very disable-firendly, make sure that you email them in advance if you are in wheelchair.

I love New Orleans, and I really love this hotel, it is unique and very charming/romantic. Much more a boutique hotel than a Radisson chain hotel...
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:34 am

I don't know anything about the County Inn, but I'd always stay Uptown / Garden District. Two of the greatest neighborhoods in the country and more things that I think most people would like.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:38 pm

What a disappointment!

Please Note: The Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter will be closing for a complete renovation and expansion on May 8, 2017. We are not accepting new reservations May 8 or beyond and are in the process of contacting guests with affected bookings. If you have any questions or have not yet been contacted by the hotel, please reach out to the Sales Department at +1 (504) 342-2307 or via email at [email protected].

https://www.countryinns.com/new-orle...-2424/laorlean

A follow up email confirms that the location will no longer be a Country Inn & Suites property.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Macken7
What a disappointment!

Please Note: The Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter will be closing for a complete renovation and expansion on May 8, 2017. We are not accepting new reservations May 8 or beyond and are in the process of contacting guests with affected bookings. If you have any questions or have not yet been contacted by the hotel, please reach out to the Sales Department at +1 (504) 342-2307 or via email at [email protected].

https://www.countryinns.com/new-orle...-2424/laorlean

A follow up email confirms that the location will no longer be a Country Inn & Suites property.
Renovation? It was not that bad to begin with, but I guess with the good location they want to go more upscale and charge more. Maybe join a larger chain.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:15 pm

Staff indicate the hotel will close for renovations after Jazz Fest 2017.

They expect the renovated property to reopen as a Hyatt. (I'm very excited!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.