Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

If you even once select "miles" instead of "points," CC converts your entire balance!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If you even once select "miles" instead of "points," CC converts your entire balance!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:55 am
Suspended

I referenced that thread because it is quite clear, especially from Brendan's post, that you are not going to have your points converted into FF miles by signing up for that promotion.

It is also clear that this conversion functions like an AMEX conversion -- once selected, your points are converted and there is no getting them back.

I agree it is a poor conversion and I would counsel against doing so, but by signing up for the promotion, you are not going to convert your existing points.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Got bit by this today. Haven't stayed at one of these in years, but recently got the Club Carlson credit card, and earned 100k+ points.

ALL of which converted to AA miles. A whopping 10k miles on top of my 1mm+ balance. I'm quite annoyed- didn't realize that was even an option. Plan to call on Monday to explain and hope, but not confident of anything, since it is clear.

My last stay was at a Radisson in 2009, give or take, if not earlier.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:38 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dartagnan
Got bit by this today. Haven't stayed at one of these in years, but recently got the Club Carlson credit card, and earned 100k+ points.

ALL of which converted to AA miles. A whopping 10k miles on top of my 1mm+ balance. I'm quite annoyed- didn't realize that was even an option. Plan to call on Monday to explain and hope, but not confident of anything, since it is clear.

My last stay was at a Radisson in 2009, give or take, if not earlier.
Same thing happened to me last year; got the sign up bonus (50,000 CC points) and they converted to UA miles.

I was not able to reverse the transfer. However, I emailed CC and they changed my earning preference from UA miles to Gold Points.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Happened to me during the (late, lamented) US Airways Grand Slam. Had a stay set up to earn US Airways miles so I could get a "hit" and all of my CC points went to US Airways. Luckily, I didn't have that many then, but boy was it a surprise.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:41 am
Suspended

I'm tempted to cancel my CC card. Does anyone know if they will claw back points? I renewed about 2 months ago.
Old May 28, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Now that I have booked all CC stays through next year, it seems that there are no CC properties anywhere near our travel plans for the next few years. I still have some orphaned points left. If I change my preference, does it send the entire balance to the airline or just if/when I get to a 10,000 point threshold? I have around 7000 orphaned points left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.