Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Current best offer (May 2019) 120,000 Radisson Reward points
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/offer.do?redirect=plat32172&lang=e
  • 10 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases at participating Radisson Family of Hotels.2
  • 5 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases everywhere else.2
  • 120,000 bonus points - receive 120,000 points after you spend $3,000 on your card within the first 90 days. 1

The cards offer a free DOMESTIC night certificate for every $10,000 spent on the card per cardholder year, up to 3 certificates per year, per card. At this time, the only way to ascertain membership year spend is to add it up on your statements or call the US BANK number on the back of the card and have the rep do the math. There is no "Spend Summary" to indicate your progress towards your free night certificates.
  • 40,000 renewal points each year when you renew your card.3
  • Earn up to 3 free nights! Earn one Free Night E-Cert for each $10,000 in spend (up to $30,000), then renew your card by paying the Annual Fee.4

Many reports here indicate that the norm is that annual renewal points post to Club Carlson two months after the date of the Visa statement that includes the annual fee. Because of this, do not use the date that the points post to calculate your cardmembership spending for the free night certificates.
Print Wikipost

CC visa annual 40000 points bonus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:47 am
Suspended

Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:47 pm

Data point:

AF charged on 20 JAN.
Statement closed on 20 JAN.
Due date for payment of that statement was 16 FEB.
Points posted on 20 MAR.

Seems like 2 billing cycles after the AF fee the renewal points post is the norm.
(Maybe someone can add this in a wiki so expectations can be managed)
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:49 pm
Suspended

I would agree.

Today I was emphatic about the long delay in posting the points being the reason I closed my account. I don't think they cared one way or the other.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 3:01 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by babiemindy
(Maybe someone can add this in a wiki so expectations can be managed)
Good idea. Done. I've tried to keep it short and factual.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:28 am
Suspended

HA! Couldn't have picked a better time to drop Club Carlson. They just announced doing away with the 2nd night (bonus night). So the net effect of this is that the 40K points are now worth 20K, at least that's how I see it.

Goodbye!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Yes, rather unfortunate I would say. That was one of the main reasons for having their card and patronizing their hotels.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:04 pm

how long after the annual fee posts can i cancel the card to get a full refund of annual fee?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:01 pm

From my FlexPerks statement

Originally Posted by somy
how long after the annual fee posts can i cancel the card to get a full refund of annual fee?
Assuming it is the same for club carlson:

You have a "renewal period" of 60 days from the date we mailed this notification. During the renewal period, you may terminate your Account and avoid
paying the Annual Membership Fee. You may terminate your Account by calling or by writing us at the Cardmember Service telephone or address shown
below. During the renewal period and before you terminate your Account, you may continue to use your card without having to pay the fee. If, however, you
do not terminate your Account by the end of the renewal period, you will have to pay the fee. In addition to these disclosures, there are other important
disclosures on the back of the periodic statement.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: more than I care to list...
i think this is going to ramp up into a much hotter issue for people (like me) waiting on the annual bonus points to post and hoping it happens before june 1 so i can still book with the last night free perk.

i suspect that will sadly be just another reason they drag their feet on getting points out to people.

annual fee posted april 2, eight weeks will be may 28th... here's hoping.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 6:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Originally Posted by mpk620
i think this is going to ramp up into a much hotter issue for people (like me) waiting on the annual bonus points to post and hoping it happens before june 1 so i can still book with the last night free perk.

i suspect that will sadly be just another reason they drag their feet on getting points out to people.

annual fee posted april 2, eight weeks will be may 28th... here's hoping.
my bonus has posted on the 2nd statement following the payment of annual fees in the past
Old Apr 12, 2015, 1:08 pm

@mpk620 I'm in the same boat as you. My annual fee hit end of March though.

So, not sure exactly WHAT will come of this, but I sent a tweet to Club Carlson expressing fear my 40k bonus pts will not post in time to take advantage of the "bonus night" promotion coming to an end. Asked them flat out for "help" in getting points to post sooner. They had me direct message them my info and within 60 minutes US Bank was calling me on a Saturday afternoon. The rep from US Bank said she would relay my concerns to "the appropriate dept" and have someone contact me Monday. Agent said this was a concern they are hearing from many customers and she was hopeful US Bank may expedite the points posting.

I'll update after I hear from US Bank and/or get my points posted. Huge thanks to flyertalk peeps on Chase Ultimate rewards board for the tweeting idea when nothing else works - Chase was AMAZINGLY responsive to my tweet last year - hoping US Bank follows suit.

Blessings all -
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: more than I care to list...
Originally Posted by haydevin

So, not sure exactly WHAT will come of this, but I sent a tweet to Club Carlson expressing fear my 40k bonus pts will not post in time to take advantage of the "bonus night" promotion coming to an end. Asked them flat out for "help" in getting points to post sooner. They had me direct message them my info and within 60 minutes US Bank was calling me on a Saturday afternoon. The rep from US Bank said she would relay my concerns to "the appropriate dept" and have someone contact me Monday. Agent said this was a concern they are hearing from many customers and she was hopeful US Bank may expedite the points posting.

I'll update after I hear from US Bank and/or get my points posted. Huge thanks to flyertalk peeps on Chase Ultimate rewards board for the tweeting idea when nothing else works - Chase was AMAZINGLY responsive to my tweet last year - hoping US Bank follows suit.

Blessings all -
please do keep me/us posted - i may follow suit if that gets the job done!
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat

Blessings all -
i have tried both club carlson and us bank and they are useless..hope it works for you
Old Apr 14, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by techoin
i have tried both club carlson and us bank and they are useless..hope it works for you
+1

They even declined to get me the Gold status by virtue of having the credit card a few days early so that I could get Gold benefits on a upcoming stay. I had already completed my spend by then but the first statement wasn't yet generated.

Luckily I got the gold status a day before my stay (through normal process)
Old May 9, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum

Blessings all -
Did this work? Has anyone else found a way to advance the annual bonus points? My fee posted on Apr 3 statement, so my "2nd statement after" is June 3, which obviously is 3 days too late. Really need to get the points sooner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.