Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Current best offer (May 2019) 120,000 Radisson Reward points
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/offer.do?redirect=plat32172&lang=e
  • 10 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases at participating Radisson Family of Hotels.2
  • 5 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases everywhere else.2
  • 120,000 bonus points - receive 120,000 points after you spend $3,000 on your card within the first 90 days. 1

The cards offer a free DOMESTIC night certificate for every $10,000 spent on the card per cardholder year, up to 3 certificates per year, per card. At this time, the only way to ascertain membership year spend is to add it up on your statements or call the US BANK number on the back of the card and have the rep do the math. There is no "Spend Summary" to indicate your progress towards your free night certificates.
  • 40,000 renewal points each year when you renew your card.3
  • Earn up to 3 free nights! Earn one Free Night E-Cert for each $10,000 in spend (up to $30,000), then renew your card by paying the Annual Fee.4

Many reports here indicate that the norm is that annual renewal points post to Club Carlson two months after the date of the Visa statement that includes the annual fee. Because of this, do not use the date that the points post to calculate your cardmembership spending for the free night certificates.
Print Wikipost

CC visa annual 40000 points bonus

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 6:29 am
Suspended

Club Carlson rep - do you value customer feedback?

People are frustrated that the 40K bonus takes so long to post subsequent to paying the yearly fee.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:09 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
People are frustrated that the 40K bonus takes so long to post subsequent to paying the yearly fee.
There's no need to shout. You're not alone, but nor are you speaking for everyone.

Many of us have got used to the way this works and accept that its not entirely unreasonable for a card issuer not to award points until they can be sure people won't cancel and avoid the annual fee.

In most cases, those whose redemption plans will be dramatically affected by the arrival of 40,000 points probably aren't terrific customers for either Carlson or US Bank.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:14 am
Suspended

IMH, I beg to differ. I think that there is a need to shout. They don't seem to care about it.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:26 am
IMH

I'd agree if you were one of the people who have had to wait several months to get their points. That's clearly not good enough and US Bank and Club Carlson need to get their act together. But I don't think you are:

It took my points about 2 months to post.
That's normal and if it really upsets you then you'd probably be happier dropping US Bank.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:05 am
Suspended

I'm a funny guy in that I never settle for substandard customer service.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:59 am

This card offers an amazing value. I am fine waiting 2 months for the points to post. Most of those complaining are likely card churners begging for a retention offer. US Bank is different.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:09 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Considering that the T&C say that the points will not post for 6-8 weeks until AFTER the payment date, that can be almost 12 weeks from the date the annual fee shows on the statement.

We may not like it but they are clearly within their rules and notice.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:13 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by wharvey
Considering that the T&C say that the points will not post for 6-8 weeks until AFTER the payment date, that can be almost 12 weeks from the date the annual fee shows on the statement.

We may not like it but they are clearly within their rules and notice.
That may be true but a lot of crappy customer service is in line with a company's T&C's but abandoned nonetheless once there is customer pushback. The CC Visa is a good card (good enough that I paid the annual fee to renew) but the delay in posting the anniversary points is a non-trivial negative to me.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by meecal
but the delay in posting the anniversary points is a non-trivial negative to me.
Great. Keep on letting them know that. Appreciate the support.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:44 pm
Suspended

How's this for crappy service - the points posted but only on my credit card statement. My U.S. Bank credit card statement clearly states that I have earned 40K points.

So I send them an email and ask politely to post the points, letting them know that U.S. bank has issued the points. They will not post the points in my Club Carlson account. They told me I still have to wait. Go figure.

This card and hotel chain is on the top of my list to dump in 2015. Pure CRAP. I stay mostly at Hyatt and IHG anyway.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by IMH
In most cases, those whose redemption plans will be dramatically affected by the arrival of 40,000 points probably aren't terrific customers for either Carlson or US Bank.
Originally Posted by NauticalWheeler
This card offers an amazing value. I am fine waiting 2 months for the points to post. Most of those complaining are likely card churners begging for a retention offer. US Bank is different.
These two posts are absurd. People who want to use their points are not a good value for the bank or the hotel chain? And churners begging for a retention offer?

Some people get frustrated, others are used to it. The point of a thread like this is to bring some experiences to light so people can know what to expect. And if they want they can make a note to CC or USB and ask them to improve service.

Last edited by maverick17; Mar 30, 2015 at 12:42 am
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:43 pm
Suspended

I've cut my stays with Crap Carlson to zero. Any marketing email they send me (some with promos) I send right back and ask for my points.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:43 pm

Moving the goalpost ahead a bit I just took a look at the Club Carlson accounts my wife and I have.

Annual Renewal Bonus-40,000 Points

Mrs Macken7
2/19/15
2/05/14

Mr Macken7
7/00/15 Fully confident that 40,000 points will be posted in this time frame.
7/19/14

With a bit of patience and spend on the credit card one can find some really nice properties in Europe to enjoy. Well done Club Carlson.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:15 pm
Suspended

Hell froze over and my points finally posted. Does anyone know if they will claw back the points when I cancel my card tomorrow?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:45 am
IMH

Does anyone know if they will claw back the points when I cancel my card [...] ?
They will not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.