Wiki Posts
Search

CC email balance update totally out of sync

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2013, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, TK*G, AB Silver (OW Ruby), SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
CC email balance update totally out of sync

I find it very funny that whenever Club Carlson sends me my balance information through email, it's always some outdated value. Whether it's the monthly account summary or a promotion related mail, the balance is always at least a week old. YMMV, but in my case it is never the right value as it keeps jumping up and down with stays and redemptions.

But to make things more amusing, yesterday (Aug 6), I have received the following email:

Dear RealBud,

Please note that due to system issues you may have received incorrect information regarding your Club Carlson Gold PointsŪ balance. We apologise for this inconvenience.

We have now rectified the problem and are happy to inform you that you can check your points balance by logging into your profile here at any time. Your latest points balance is XXXXXX.

Once again, we apologise for any confusion caused by this error and thank you for understanding. If you have any questions please contact our Membership Services team.

Your Club Carlson Team
And guess what, the points balance is (again) WRONG . It's the value from before Aug 2. Since then, I have booked an award night and received credit for my last stay, so my current balance is completely different.

I'd like to stress that I fully trust the account statement on the website which is fully transparent and possible missing stays/calculations can be easily tracked.

Still, I think Club Carlson should either get their act together or not bother sending the balance at all. What do you think? Has anyone else experienced similar discrepancies?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.