Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which one to choose in Sydney ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Which one to choose in Sydney ?

We will be arriving from a flight MUC-BKK-SYD at around 9-10 am on Jan 16th 2013 in Sydney and plan to stay for 2 nights..

Will be a point stay so not price sensitive. Which one of the two in CBD is the nicer property and which one will more likely honour an early check in ?

many thanks in advance
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
I'll say this, having stayed at both properties this past January: the Blu is in the heart of the CBD, and is leaps and bounds nicer than the other one, which is a bit further out and, IMHO, a bit drab once you leave the lobby. The rooms on the inside look over a courtyard, which is not a very nice view.

As for early check-in, I think I managed that for both, since I was hotel hopping. FWIW, I had to wait maybe an hour for my room to be ready (around 12pm) at the normal Radisson, and my room was all ready to go when I got to the Blu around 11am.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:36 am

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
I have stayed at the Blue and the Park Hyatt this year and thought that the Blue was a shorter walk to the Quay and had better breakfast.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Is the Blu still recommended as the better choice in Sydney?

We'll be in Sydney for a week this Fall spending the first few nights at the Hyatt and then the last 2 at one of the Carlson properties burning my points from the credit card sign up. I know nothing of either property and am most interested in elite upgrades, breakfast, and location (I'm CC gold).

It looks like the Blu is better located, but is either one better for upgrades and potential free breakfast?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
If you have status you will get an upgrade.

Free breakfast is possible...
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
I stayed this June as a CC Gold. I didn't need early check-in and didn't get free breakfast. We were upgraded to a corner spa room which was huge(had 2 kids with us). It's close to Quay/Bridge and is centrally located.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.