Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goldpoints for dining?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
Goldpoints for dining?

Hi Guys!

Tried a search but nothing came up. So here´s the question.

Does anyone know if you´re awarded Goldpoints for food and beverage in the hotels? I can´t find any info. about it on the Goldpoints website.

Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:00 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by micke100
Hi Guys!

Does anyone know if you´re awarded Goldpoints for food and beverage in the hotels? I can´t find any info. about it on the Goldpoints website.

Thanks!
When you stay in the hotel, yes, you get points for spending on food and beverages. At least I got fo all my stays in 2010.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: More shiny with hotels than airlines.
Originally Posted by micke100
Hi Guys!

Thanks!
Yes for food, no for beverage. But if your question was about having dinner in an hotel where you don't have a room, it just never works. I guess theirs information system isn't programmed for. You have two choices :

- keep the receipts and send to GoldPoints CS and they'll credit food.
- ask the front desk to open a dummy room at $0 rate and charge the food to the room. Pay for the dummy room to cover your food bill and points will be automatically credited.

For the second option, it takes a bit of explanation with the staff. But I prefer this method as you have chances (depending on their skill with the computer) to make a stay toward status
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:40 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
My statement says:
Radisson - Paris , FR Points|Gold 50% of Food and Beverage Points Bonus
Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport - May 7, 2010 to May 12, 2010 - Radisson - Paris , FR Points|Food and Beverage Earning 20 Points Per Euro
Radisson - Stockholm , SE Points|Gold 50% of Food and Beverage Points Bonus
Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm - May 28, 2010 to May 31, 2010 - Radisson - Stockholm , SE Points|Food and Beverage Earning 20 Points Per Euro
so I still think that you get points for beverages too (at least at some places), because I do not have such entry for Radisson - Dresden
Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:26 pm
Suspended

According to Club Carlson:
With the new program, you can earn points for food and beverage charged to your room globally

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.