Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2010, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow

I did a quick search and couldn't find any reviews. Please let me know if you've stayed here (and your thoughts) or re-direct me to the appropriate thread.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 2:09 pm

Tripadvisor does have some reviews of it, and is usually a pretty reliable source. I've also heard it's very very good.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 12:42 am

should be okay

Moscow's legendary hotel Ukraina has reopened as the brand new Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow after a three-year renovation period, and is set to operate in a market segment that has not yet been saturated.
$300 million was spent on the renovation of the building
The construction of the 34-storey, 206-metre tall "Soviet classicism"-style hotel, which is one of the city's Stalin-era "Seven Sisters" buildings, was completed in 1957. At that time, it was the tallest hotel in Europe.

http://www.ukraina-hotel.ru/en/[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 11, 2010, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
I've booked to stay next month, so I will try and post a report.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 4:56 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
It's a beautiful hotel, one of the best in Moscow, I hope they now decide to renovate the Radisson Slavanskya down the road, the hotel isn't as nice but the location is better.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 4:23 am
Original Poster

This is my review on Trip Advisor: http://click.e.tripadvisor.com/?qs=e...f917d62b7207ee

The hotel is great, especially the pool. Decor is a little hit and miss, however. Staff were very helpful, they even refunded one room which had been pre-paid because my sister had to go into hospital.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:09 pm

Has anyone ever gotten an upgrade to the Executive Level here?, with club access?

I am going to be staying here soon. Gold member for what its worth. Usually I get a fruit basket, and the occasional upgrade to a business class room.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 3:53 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Gold, Le Club des Actionnaires
Originally Posted by meFIRST
Has anyone ever gotten an upgrade to the Executive Level here?, with club access?

I am going to be staying here soon. Gold member for what its worth. Usually I get a fruit basket, and the occasional upgrade to a business class room.
I never had an executive upgrade (booking exclusively on points in standard room.) I got a really nice fruit basket every time, though, and usually was upgraded to a very nice deluxe room.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 1:41 pm

I figured as much. Mine is a paid stay. Would be nice to have lounge access at least, but knowing the program, and the owners, I doubt it.

So much for club carlson....I'm not regretting lettling my gold status lapse this next year.

Last edited by meFIRST; Dec 9, 2011 at 1:50 pm
Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:23 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I think it is the Radisson Royal Hotel in Moscow pictured in this video (at ~ the :41-:45 mark) http://msnvideo.msn.com/?videoid=53b...sharepermalink

Can someone confirm? (my eyes are a bit tired this morning)
Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:59 am

Yes, it is.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:27 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mike-88
Yes, it is.
cool! Thanks Mike. Looks like a beautiful property.

Does anyone know:

How is the hotel's location for a tourist?

Is there a subway stop close by?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I'm also interested in this - now I'm booked in the IC, which I think is a better general location (on the Tverskaya) but I have a cruise leaving from this hotel's quai so this may be more convenient. One of the better redemption values, by the look of it!
Old Aug 2, 2013, 12:20 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Aeroflot Bonus, local tram pass
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie

Is there a subway stop close by?
Kievskaya Metro Station is about 1 km South, you'll have to cross two major thoroughfares on foot or walk along the embankment, the latter route is safer but twice longer.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:37 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
It's a fantastic, very expensive hotel, the problem I have with it is the location, if you want to go anywhere you have to take a taxi, even to the underground it's a taxi ride. I prefer to stay at the much cheaper but still nice Radisson Slavyanskaya Hotel which is a couple of KM's down the river, it's much closer to the underground, it has quite a few decent restaurants on site and is close to Europe Plaza which has a huge mall with many more options for food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.