FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   QR Summer 2021 Schedule - Expand to more than 140 Destinations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2036948-qr-summer-2021-schedule-expand-more-than-140-destinations.html)

mileageking Mar 30, 2021 10:27 pm

QR Summer 2021 Schedule - Expand to more than 140 Destinations

During peak of IATA Summer Season 2021, QR will operate over 1200 weekly frequencies. Claiming more flights to international destinations than any other airline. Good reference point on destinations below.

Africa (23)

Abuja(ABV),Accra (ACC), Addis Ababa (ADD), Alexandria (HBE), Algiers (ALG), Cairo(CAI), Cape Town (CPT), Casablanca (CMN), Dar Es Salaam (DAR), Djibouti (JIB), Durban (DUR), Entebbe (EBB), Johannesburg (JNB), Kigali (KGL), Kilimanjaro (JRO), Lagos (LOS), Luanda (LAD), Maputo (MPM), Mogadishu (MGQ), Nairobi (NBO), Seychelles (SEZ), Tunis (TUN), Zanzibar (ZNZ)

Americas (14)

Atlanta (ATL), Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Dallas (DFW), Houston (IAH), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami(MIA), Montreal (YUL), New York (JFK), Philadelphia (PHL), San Francisco (SFO), Sao Paulo (GRU), Seattle(SEA), Washington D.C. (IAD)

Asia-Pacific (43)

Adelaide (ADL), Ahmedabad (AMD), Amritsar (ATQ), Auckland (AKL), Bali (DPS), Bangalore (BLR), Bangkok (BKK), Brisbane (BNE), Calicut (CCJ), Cebu (CEB), Chennai (MAA), Clark (CRK), Colombo (CMB), Dhaka (DAC), Goa (GOI), Guangzhou (CAN), Hangzhou (HGH), Hanoi (HAN), Ho Chi Minh City (SGN), Hong Kong (HKG), Hyderabad (HYD), Islamabad (ISB), Jakarta (CGK), Karachi (KHI), Kathmandu (KTM), Kochi (COK), Kolkata (CCU), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lahore (LHE), Male (MLE), Manila (MNL), Melbourne (MEL), Mumbai (BOM), New Delhi (DEL), Perth (PER), Peshawar (PEW), Phuket (HKT), Seoul (ICN), Singapore (SIN), Sialkot (SKT), Sydney (SYD), Tokyo Narita (NRT), Trivandrum (TRV)

Europe (43)

Adana (ADA), Amsterdam (AMS), Antalya(AYT), Ankara (ESB), Athens (ATH), Baku (GYD), Barcelona (BCN), Belgrade (BEG), Berlin (BER), Bodrum (BJV), Brussels (BRU), Bucharest (OTP), Budapest (BUD), Copenhagen (CPH), Dublin (DUB), Edinburgh (EDI), Frankfurt (FRA), Helsinki (HEL), Istanbul (IST), Istanbul Sabiha (SAW), Izmir (ADB), Kiev (KBP), Larnaca (LCA), London (LHR), London Gatwick (LGW), Madrid (MAD), Manchester (MAN), Milan (MXP), Moscow (DME), Munich (MUC), Mykonos (JMK), Oslo (OSL), Paris (CDG), Prague (PRG), Rome (FCO), Sofia (SOF), Stockholm (ARN), Tbilisi (TBS), Vienna (VIE), Warsaw (WAW), Yerevan (EVN), Zagreb (ZAG), Zurich (ZRH)

Middle East (19)

Abu Dhabi (AUH), Amman (AMM), Baghdad (BGW), Basra (BSR), Beirut (BEY), Dammam (DMM), Dubai (DXB), Erbil (EBL), Isfahan (IFN), Jeddah (JED), Kuwait (KWI), Mashhad (MHD), Muscat (MCT), Najaf (NJF), Riyadh (RUH), Salalah (SLL), Shiraz (SYZ), Sulaymaniyah (ISU), Tehran (IKA)

Summer-Schedule-2021 | Qatar Airways

GalaxyChris Mar 31, 2021 12:06 am

interesting to see that Geneva is not on the list.
But I have a ticket for July 2021...

mileageking Mar 31, 2021 1:10 am

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris (Post 33139914)
interesting to see that Geneva is not on the list.
But I have a ticket for July 2021...

Interesting indeed and not sure why they didn't include. Maybe a mistake? I do see DOH-GVA QR99/101 and GVA-DOH QR100/102.

brunos Mar 31, 2021 3:33 am

Quite a few destinations dropped from the past.
QR flew to 5 destinations in Thailand (Pattaya did not last long). But Krabi and Cheng Mai are dropped. Also Danang.
In Europe, Geneva and Nice are dropped, maybe others. But GVA seems an omission as they are still selling tickets.

Schwann Mar 31, 2021 7:02 am

Originally Posted by brunos (Post 33140055)
QR flew to 5 destinations in Thailand (Pattaya did not last long). But Krabi and Cheng Mai are dropped. Also Danang.
In Europe, Geneva and Nice are dropped, maybe others. But GVA seems an omission as they are still selling tickets.

Hopefully some of the Thai destinations come back from Winter schedule onwards if Thailand are true to their word about opening up.

railways Mar 31, 2021 10:29 am

Birmingham doesn't seem to be returning, nor Tokyo Haneda.

Going to Tokyo I always took the NRT flight out and the HND flight back, which provided the neatest connections in DOH with flights from/to many European cities.

mileageking Mar 31, 2021 10:40 am

Originally Posted by railways (Post 33140973)
Birmingham doesn't seem to be returning, nor Tokyo Haneda.

Going to Tokyo I always took the NRT flight out and the HND flight back, which provided the neatest connections in DOH with flights from/to many European cities.

Weird, looks like they missed HND from the list too. Did couple random searches in Aug and do see QR812/813 a359 operating daily (at least for now)

peter10 Apr 1, 2021 12:15 am

I’m on the teacher’s promo. Flying out of Haneda in September. My flight to Namibia has been cancelled in the new summer schedule sweep. No more Namibia flights for now. I called the Tokyo office and they said to wait and see. It seems the Healthcare Promos validity extension was decided last minute and the teacher’s promo may go the same way. I thought J’burg may have been an option but it comes in at 722 miles. Computer says no.

GGLwannabe Apr 1, 2021 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Schwann (Post 33140382)
Hopefully some of the Thai destinations come back from Winter schedule onwards if Thailand are true to their word about opening up.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/st...33493445373954

This is still only a plan, and has not yet received government approval, although there does seem to be such a head of steam building that even the ultra-cautious prime-minister may have to commit to it.

However, from what I have read, fully vaccinated foreigners wishing to avoid quarantine must fly directly to those places mentioned (i.e. transit in Bangkok is not allowed), which would be perfectly possible for Phuket, but much less so for Chiang Mai, Pattaya etc., so I think this aspect of the policy may well need to be tweaked closer to the time.

Baresi Apr 2, 2021 6:55 am

Cardiff (CWL) dropped too!

Silver Falcon Apr 2, 2021 7:48 am

WDH (Windhoek) dropped too!!!

ISTFlyer Apr 2, 2021 8:41 am

Very bad news that the late evening DOH-SAW & the red-eye SAW-DOH rotation has been cancelled until July. On July, that rotation is x3 weekly and it was perfect for the purpose of USA connections. Now it's either a longer layover ( about 8-9 hours each way ) or another airline for me.

All other IST & SAW rotations would operate normally.

scubasails Apr 2, 2021 11:13 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33146142)
...Now it's either a longer layover ( about 8-9 hours each way ) or another airline for me.

All other IST & SAW rotations would operate normally.

or an even longer layover if one chooses QR 245, e.g., 21 hours if coming from IAH, which I personally prefer to avoid the airport hotel and enjoy the nicer ones in town.

Quick question: is either of the 777s on flight 239 or 245 equipped with QSuite, do you know? Cheers!

ISTFlyer Apr 2, 2021 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by scubasails (Post 33146475)
or an even longer layover if one chooses QR 245, e.g., 21 hours if coming from IAH, which I personally prefer to avoid the airport hotel and enjoy the nicer ones in town.

Quick question: is either of the 777s on flight 239 or 245 equipped with QSuite, do you know? Cheers!

IST is not a designated QSuite route so it's pretty random if you would get a QSuite equipped aircraft or not.
Aircraft types could change last minute ( 48-72 hours before the flight ) and you might even end up with a 787 or 350 on this route.

However, mostly QR239/240 is a guaranteed 777-300ER because of cargo.
Aircraft changes are much popular on the QR245/246 rotation.

ph-ndr Apr 2, 2021 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by brunos (Post 33140055)

You'll find that Da Nang is so far east in Eastern Thailand that they have started calling it Vietnam.

-A