FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   QR Summer 2021 Schedule - Expand to more than 140 Destinations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2036948-qr-summer-2021-schedule-expand-more-than-140-destinations.html)

GalaxyChris Jun 2, 2021 9:51 am

Originally Posted by mileageking (Post 33297179)
Starting July 1 QR will initially resume 4 weekly DOH-HKT flights on 787s.
Qatar Airways Restarts Doha - Phuket Route (ftnnews.com)

This is not really new, this flight is bookable from at least March 2021 (my initial booking was GVA-DOH-HKT on July 2) then it WAS operated when Phuket started as new destination with a 787, but actually the July flights DOH-HKT that I booked show QSuite.

Schwann Jun 3, 2021 5:12 am

They were selling daily flights to HKT later in the Summer season, and dropped down to the x4 daily between the Phuket sandbox being announced and now. If the sandbox really happens, and is popular, I guess we might see the daily flights return, or at least a slight frequency lift. But we will see...

Julien O Jun 3, 2021 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris (Post 33285946)
most of the time I used this route the business class was full and had some Qatar VIP with special transfer and limousine.
​​For eco I agree it's was never full.
I think that the problem is the fares, too expensive from GVA.

It has been more and more expensive over the times yes, but back in 2018 I had flight from GVA to CRK for almost nothing on a monthly basis.

Then CRK become very expansive for no apparent reason, so started to fly GVA to MNL that was a bit more expansive compared to the others, but with my gold status at that time 2 flights on 3 I was upgraded to business so was a really good deal. This never happened between GVA and DOH or vis versa now I know why, full business with VIPs 😬

mileageking Jun 8, 2021 11:16 am

Sharjah resumes effective July 1 on 787. Daily service.
DOH-SHJ QR1036 departs 14:35, arrives 16:45. SHJ-DOH QR1037 departs 17:55, arrives 18:05.
Qatar Airways resumes flights to Sharjah (freightweek.org)

mileageking Jun 21, 2021 5:40 pm

Introducing flights to Harare (Zimbabwe) and Lusaka (Zambia). 3 flights/week operated by B787.

Outbound: Wed, Fri, Sun. QR1455
Depart DOH 02:20, arrive LUN 08:50
Depart LUN 10:20, arrive HAR 11:20

Return: Wed, Fri, Sun. QR1456
Depart HAR 18:55, arrive LUN 19:55
Depart LUN 21:25, arrive DOH 05:55+1

Qatar Airways announces Zimbabwe, Zambia flights starting in August (zimlive.com)

mileageking Jun 23, 2021 12:44 pm

QR increases frequency to U.S network with over 100 weekly flights.

Increase to Double Daily Flights from Doha:
  • Chicago - increasing to double daily flights between 21 July and 26 September
  • Los Angeles - increasing to double daily flights between 16 July and 26 September
  • New York - increasing to double daily flights from 29 June
  • Washington D.C - increasing to double daily flights between 22 July and 26 September
  • Dallas-Fort Worth - increasing to 12 weekly flights between 11 July and 26 September
Daily Flights from Doha:
  • Houston - continued daily flights
  • Boston - increasing to daily flights from 3 July
  • Miami - increasing to daily flights from 4 July
  • San Francisco - increasing to daily flights from 29 June
  • Seattle - increasing to daily flights from 28 June
  • Philadelphia - increasing to five weekly flights from 6 July and daily flights from 21 July
  • Atlanta - increasing to five weekly from 15 July
USA100Weekly | Qatar Airways

ISTFlyer Jun 26, 2021 12:49 am

QR has upgraded some of their flights to SAW from an A320 to a 788.
Same applies for selected flights to AYT and BJV.

I guess with Turkey re-opening and lifting many COVID related measures at the end of the month, the demand is increasing.

nerdbirdsjc Jun 30, 2021 9:51 am

Any word on whether the new USA flights will all or mostly feature QSuites?

ISTFlyer Jul 1, 2021 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc (Post 33370160)
Any word on whether the new USA flights will all or mostly feature QSuites?

Unless last minute irregular operations related changes, all North America routes are currently operating with QSuites including the new additions.

IWontRegretThis Jul 2, 2021 7:35 am

Originally Posted by mileageking (Post 33351396)
QR increases frequency to U.S network with over 100 weekly flights.

Increase to Double Daily Flights from Doha:
  • Chicago - increasing to double daily flights between 21 July and 26 September
  • Los Angeles - increasing to double daily flights between 16 July and 26 September
  • New York - increasing to double daily flights from 29 June
  • Washington D.C - increasing to double daily flights between 22 July and 26 September
  • Dallas-Fort Worth - increasing to 12 weekly flights between 11 July and 26 September
Daily Flights from Doha:
  • Houston - continued daily flights
  • Boston - increasing to daily flights from 3 July
  • Miami - increasing to daily flights from 4 July
  • San Francisco - increasing to daily flights from 29 June
  • Seattle - increasing to daily flights from 28 June
  • Philadelphia - increasing to five weekly flights from 6 July and daily flights from 21 July
  • Atlanta - increasing to five weekly from 15 July
USA100Weekly | Qatar Airways

Benifiting from this in a few weeks - early morning arival and late night departure from DFW are very nice.

mileageking Jul 13, 2021 6:03 am

DOH-LED (St. Petersburg, Russia) flights to resume July 23. Initially twice a week, Friday and Sunday on A320 with 12 lie-flats and 120 in Y cabin.
Qatar Airways resumes flights to Doha from Pulkovo airport | TravelDailyNews International

happiest_at_40000 Sep 16, 2021 2:35 pm

HI was just curious why is the flight time between DFW-DOH longer in 1 direction than SFO-DOH but going the other way back it is shorter?

I'm not asking about comparing DFW/DOH outbound Vs. return as of course I understand about winds and flight times being much diff, i.e. LAX/HKG comes to mind as quite a large difference East to West Vs. West to East.

I just was noticing that outbound DFW to Doha is scheduled 35 minutes less than SFO to Doha, which makes sense since Dallas is farther East of SFO. However on the return from Doha Dallas is 30 min longer than SFO. Heading west do they not take a polar route and use the winds but heading back home is it polar route and DFW being further south than SFO makes that longer on the way home relative to SFO?

Thx :)