FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Qatar Airways to roll out ‘saver’ awards for frequent flyer bookings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2005261-qatar-airways-roll-out-saver-awards-frequent-flyer-bookings.html)

djsflynn Jan 20, 2020 12:31 am

Qatar Airways to roll out ‘saver’ awards for frequent flyer bookings

Just sharing this – mods, please move to another more appropriate thread if need be.

A few enhancements coming down the QRPC pipe, according to QR Head of Loyalty Dan Martin:

• Reduced-rate ‘saver’ awards, basically like Easy Deals but on a more permanent basis
  • A ‘cash plus Qmiles’ option for buying revenue seats
  • Making every seat available with Qmiles (with dynamic redemption pricing)
More at https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...flyer-bookings

tboons Jan 20, 2020 1:32 am

Too late. Have moved all my miles to Turkish and star alliance! After elite for 5 years, time to move on...

Freed Jan 20, 2020 2:09 am

Great news. I hope the earn/burn ratio improves with these changes and hopefully it doesnt take forever to implement.

purple1addict Jan 20, 2020 5:39 am

Interesting! Cautiously good news - although I'll reserve full judgement until we see what the introduction of dynamic award pricing looks like.

AbuCordoba Jan 20, 2020 6:11 am

Interesting stuff, will hope its executed well!!

miro776 Jan 20, 2020 8:20 am

Maybe another devaluation...? It will be 2 years in May.

toastedcafe Jan 20, 2020 11:47 am

not sure if it is a positive move...my experience with dynamic redemption (i.e. Flying blue) is very negative.

Quoting the article: "It will be pretty much a flat discount, so if it's a $500 fare, you might use 10,000 miles and get $50 off." IMHO this doesn't seem such a good bargain.
Remember , take all QRPC "enhancements" with a "huge" pinch of salt ;)

ph-ndr Jan 20, 2020 1:38 pm

Interesting concept, but I have yet to see a single airline come up with "a new way of redeem miles" where the exchnge rate to money isn't deplorable.

Without having much insight, I just suspect that QRPC customers have a lot more miles "in the bank" than the average customer of many other programs due to the lack of manners to redeem miles, and that QR is looking for ways to run down the value what basically must be a sizable chunk of liability on their books.

-A

NoY Jan 20, 2020 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 31971850)
Too late. Have moved all my miles to Turkish and star alliance! After elite for 5 years, time to move on...

Yep, same here. Finally burned the last of my Q credits on a Y-J upgrade & also have less than 500 Q miles in my account :cool: Have multiple J class revenue tix all booked on CX/BA & a shiny OW Emerald card from BA since dumping QRPC. Aaah, how deeply satisfying :p

Flying Bosun Jan 20, 2020 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 31971850)

Originally Posted by NoY (Post 31975299)
Yep, same here. Finally burned the last of my Q credits on a Y-J upgrade & also have less than 500 Q miles in my account :cool: Have multiple J class revenue tix all booked on CX/BA & a shiny OW Emerald card from BA since dumping QRPC. Aaah, how deeply satisfying :p

How nice for you!! Rest of us in the QRPC program are very keen on seeing news of improvements presented by QRPC head of loyalty. I am very pleased to know that you have "burnt" all your QRmiles and moved on.( Why on earth do i get the sence of Déjà vu when i read lines like these?)

BTW My own OW Emerald card is more shiny than yours...

lost_in_translation Jan 21, 2020 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Flying Bosun (Post 31975716)
BTW My own OW Emerald card is more shiny than yours...

Oh, you actually managed to get one, then? My current QRPC card expired in October 2018 and QRPC haven’t yet managed to send me a new one.

Flying Bosun Jan 21, 2020 1:56 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation (Post 31975954)
Oh, you actually managed to get one, then? My current QRPC card expired in October 2018 and QRPC haven’t yet managed to send me a new one.

Renewal card july-18 never came but was more "lucky" late Sep or early Oct 2019.

Splendiz Jan 21, 2020 4:57 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation (Post 31975954)

Never got my Gold card either. They said there are some delays but in the meantime it was more than a year so the status expired without getting any card from them, lol.

Sifaan Jan 21, 2020 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Splendiz (Post 31976374)
Never got my Gold card either. They said there are some delays but in the meantime it was more than a year so the status expired without getting any card from them, lol.

I wrote to them when I didn’t receive my gold card and they replied something about the blockade and the postal system being affected 🙄.

Some months later my wife moved up to silver and got her card... I wrote back and told them the post is now working and they sent the card, even though it was only a few months away from expiring

Splendiz Jan 22, 2020 1:38 am

As I'm silver now, is there any advantage to have that silver physical card?