Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways to roll out ‘saver’ awards for frequent flyer bookings

Old Jan 20, 20, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Just sharing this – mods, please move to another more appropriate thread if need be.

A few enhancements coming down the QRPC pipe, according to QR Head of Loyalty Dan Martin:

• Reduced-rate ‘saver’ awards, basically like Easy Deals but on a more permanent basis
  • A ‘cash plus Qmiles’ option for buying revenue seats
  • Making every seat available with Qmiles (with dynamic redemption pricing)
More at https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...flyer-bookings
AbuCordoba and Freed like this.
Old Jan 20, 20, 1:32 am

Too late. Have moved all my miles to Turkish and star alliance! After elite for 5 years, time to move on...
NJSwamplands, NoY and mpkz like this.
Old Jan 20, 20, 2:09 am

Great news. I hope the earn/burn ratio improves with these changes and hopefully it doesnt take forever to implement.
Old Jan 20, 20, 5:39 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Interesting! Cautiously good news - although I'll reserve full judgement until we see what the introduction of dynamic award pricing looks like.
Old Jan 20, 20, 6:11 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Interesting stuff, will hope its executed well!!
Old Jan 20, 20, 8:20 am

Programs: QR Platinum, LH Silver
Maybe another devaluation...? It will be 2 years in May.
Old Jan 20, 20, 11:47 am

Programs: FB Platinum, TK Gold, PC Platinum
not sure if it is a positive move...my experience with dynamic redemption (i.e. Flying blue) is very negative.

Quoting the article: "It will be pretty much a flat discount, so if it's a $500 fare, you might use 10,000 miles and get $50 off." IMHO this doesn't seem such a good bargain.
Remember , take all QRPC "enhancements" with a "huge" pinch of salt
Old Jan 20, 20, 1:38 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Interesting concept, but I have yet to see a single airline come up with "a new way of redeem miles" where the exchnge rate to money isn't deplorable.

Without having much insight, I just suspect that QRPC customers have a lot more miles "in the bank" than the average customer of many other programs due to the lack of manners to redeem miles, and that QR is looking for ways to run down the value what basically must be a sizable chunk of liability on their books.

-A
Old Jan 20, 20, 8:27 pm
NoY

Programs: BA Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR bye bye, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tboons View Post
Too late. Have moved all my miles to Turkish and star alliance! After elite for 5 years, time to move on...
Yep, same here. Finally burned the last of my Q credits on a Y-J upgrade & also have less than 500 Q miles in my account Have multiple J class revenue tix all booked on CX/BA & a shiny OW Emerald card from BA since dumping QRPC. Aaah, how deeply satisfying
Old Jan 20, 20, 11:13 pm

Programs: QR Plat ( Y-Commuter)
Originally Posted by tboons View Post
Originally Posted by NoY View Post
Yep, same here. Finally burned the last of my Q credits on a Y-J upgrade & also have less than 500 Q miles in my account Have multiple J class revenue tix all booked on CX/BA & a shiny OW Emerald card from BA since dumping QRPC. Aaah, how deeply satisfying
How nice for you!! Rest of us in the QRPC program are very keen on seeing news of improvements presented by QRPC head of loyalty. I am very pleased to know that you have "burnt" all your QRmiles and moved on.( Why on earth do i get the sence of Déjŕ vu when i read lines like these?)

BTW My own OW Emerald card is more shiny than yours...
Sisyphus1carus likes this.

Last edited by Flying Bosun; Jan 21, 20 at 1:59 am
Old Jan 21, 20, 12:59 am

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG Rewards, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Originally Posted by Flying Bosun View Post
BTW My own OW Emerald card is more shiny than yours...
Oh, you actually managed to get one, then? My current QRPC card expired in October 2018 and QRPC haven’t yet managed to send me a new one.
NoY and mpkz like this.
Old Jan 21, 20, 1:56 am

Programs: QR Plat ( Y-Commuter)
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation View Post
Oh, you actually managed to get one, then? My current QRPC card expired in October 2018 and QRPC haven’t yet managed to send me a new one.
Renewal card july-18 never came but was more "lucky" late Sep or early Oct 2019.
Old Jan 21, 20, 4:57 am

Programs: QRPC
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation View Post
Never got my Gold card either. They said there are some delays but in the meantime it was more than a year so the status expired without getting any card from them, lol.
NoY likes this.
Old Jan 21, 20, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Splendiz View Post
Never got my Gold card either. They said there are some delays but in the meantime it was more than a year so the status expired without getting any card from them, lol.
I wrote to them when I didn’t receive my gold card and they replied something about the blockade and the postal system being affected 🙄.

Some months later my wife moved up to silver and got her card... I wrote back and told them the post is now working and they sent the card, even though it was only a few months away from expiring
NoY likes this.
Old Jan 22, 20, 1:38 am

Programs: QRPC
As I'm silver now, is there any advantage to have that silver physical card?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: