FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   QR flight change 5 days before departure - options? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1994649-qr-flight-change-5-days-before-departure-options.html)

LaydeeSarah Nov 8, 2019 11:20 am

QR flight change 5 days before departure - options?

Hi all,

Booked our first trip with QR and we depart in a few days. Today I received an email to say that our return flight has changed - to 2 days later. We can have a refund, accept the rebook or call for other options.

What’s the likelihood of me being able to change the return city for no charge?

We booked open jaw as we wanted to travel down the country (going to Vietnam) but the revised dates don’t work for us due to work commitments, hence thinking to change to fly in/out of the same city and amend our plans slightly?

plunet Nov 8, 2019 11:59 am

Oh dear, how bothersome.
How many days away is the return flight? Where does your journey originate from? (Not sure if EU261 protections applies)

Don't make any rash decisions, and don't get forced into accepting any change you don't want.

For example you can probably push to be flown to Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, or Singapore on a regional carrier and connect onto a QR flight from there. But let some advice trickle through here once you confirm some of the details I have suggested the forum needs above.

worldiswide Nov 10, 2019 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by plunet (Post 31716120)
Oh dear, how bothersome.
How many days away is the return flight? Where does your journey originate from? (Not sure if EU261 protections applies)

Don't make any rash decisions, and don't get forced into accepting any change you don't want.

For example you can probably push to be flown to Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, or Singapore on a regional carrier and connect onto a QR flight from there. But let some advice trickle through here once you confirm some of the details I have suggested the forum needs above.

Can you provide the itinerary?

JC880 Nov 10, 2019 7:08 pm

I have had similar problems and QR have been able to find good solutions.

I would recommend you to:
1: Search and find options with other airlines on the same day (based on your profile and comments I assume your flight is from the UK to Hanoi or Da Nang). It is probably easier to be moved to OneWorld airlines but not sure about this (the two times this has happened to me I was rebooked to Finnair).
2: Call Qatar airways and tell them that you have looked at options and ask them to change your out bound.

My experience is that the customer support is bad at finding solutions, but if you present them with something reasonable they can normally make it happen.

Hope you manage to find a good solution

LaydeeSarah Nov 13, 2019 3:49 am

Answering my own question - they were very helpful (once i found a number to call). I said which city I wanted to change to, and which flight and everything was rebooked without issue. A good resolution for a frustrating situation.

Cris L Nov 13, 2019 3:55 am

You may want to pack a change of clothes in your carry on as you will not have access to your bags during any layover in Doha. No matter how long!

On my recent layover of 12 hours they gave me a free hotel, but would not let me have my bags!

ft101 Nov 14, 2019 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Cris L (Post 31731712)
You may want to pack a change of clothes in your carry on as you will not have access to your bags during any layover in Doha. No matter how long!

On my recent layover of 12 hours they gave me a free hotel, but would not let me have my bags!

Sounds like the OP will have a stopover (> 24 hours) rather than a layover or transit (< 24 hours) so bags will need to be collected at DOH.

dodgeflyer Nov 14, 2019 6:04 am

Perhaps I am dim, but in no way do I see the OP saying they'll stay in DOH. Unless this is picked up from another thread.

ft101 Nov 15, 2019 1:55 am

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer (Post 31735734)
Perhaps I am dim, but in no way do I see the OP saying they'll stay in DOH. Unless this is picked up from another thread.

No, you're right. I was replying based on the post I quoted which looks like it was based on an incorrect assumption.