FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   DOH-HKG tomorrow changed to non Q Suites - any options? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1992046-doh-hkg-tomorrow-changed-non-q-suites-any-options.html)

bmw303 Oct 20, 2019 7:54 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 31647678)
I hate being the miserable voice of reason, but you paid for a Business Class ticket, and you will still be flying Business Class.

Now, we have had the QSuite v Non QSuite argument too many times on the forum, and the only way QR will usually offer support is if you can show that you had paid more for the QSuite than any other option (at the time of booking).

M

This shouldn't be the case at all. Its entirely possible one wouldn't have bought the business class fare but for the QSuite. Qatar should accommodate as best it can.

msm2000uk Oct 20, 2019 8:19 am

Originally Posted by bmw303 (Post 31647747)
This shouldn't be the case at all. Its entirely possible one wouldn't have bought the business class fare but for the QSuite. Qatar should accommodate as best it can.

You're quite right - it is entirely possible that someone bought specifically for the QSuite, but many airlines have differing products amongst respective fleets.

Should BA refund passengers if they don't receive the Club Suite?
Should SQ refund passengers if they don't receive the new F Suite?
Should EK refund passengers if they don't receive the new F Suite?
Should CX refund passengers if they don't receive Regional J, but instead get an older lie-flat?

Should QR charge passengers who are put on a substituted QSuite aircraft, when the passengers would have paid for a 777 standard layout?

QR won't have substituted the QSuite plane just to spite those passengers, and unfortunately aircraft go tech all the time.

M

lost_in_translation Oct 20, 2019 9:04 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 31647809)
You're quite right - it is entirely possible that someone bought specifically for the QSuite, but many airlines have differing products amongst respective fleets.

Should CX refund passengers if they don't receive Regional J, but instead get an older lie-flat?

Should QR charge passengers who are put on a substituted QSuite aircraft, when the passengers would have paid for a 777 standard layout?

QR won't have substituted the QSuite plane just to spite those passengers, and unfortunately aircraft go tech all the time.

M

There should be a partial refund of the ticket price in all those cases, yes. Particularly if the passenger is a status passenger with the airline whose business they could lose.

bmw303 Oct 20, 2019 9:24 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 31647809)

M

There are several things Qatar can do that are customer friendly including but not limited to:

(1) allow for a free change to a QSuite flight that works for the passenger;
(2) offer the customer the option of a downgrade to economy based on the cheapest economy fare available at the time the passenger booked the business class ticket;

Tofino87 Oct 20, 2019 9:48 am

Agree RE: 777 not so bad. Flew it for 17 hours from AKL to DOH and it was nice and spacious!

Can’t compare to QSuites yet... but I agree about not wanting to be by the window access-wise.

ph-ndr Oct 20, 2019 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Tofino87 (Post 31648047)
Agree RE: 777 not so bad. Flew it for 17 hours from AKL to DOH and it was nice and spacious!

Can’t compare to QSuites yet... but I agree about not wanting to be by the window access-wise.

I would be very happy to take 777 in 2-2-2 over Qsuite any day. The only caveat would be that I've yet to try QSuite in a 777, but I doubt it is that different from the 350 QSuite in what they get out of a few extra inches cabin width.

-A

mikeyfly Oct 20, 2019 10:27 am

I loved the 777 DOH-AKL slept very well and very spacious seat

hndnrt Oct 20, 2019 10:39 am

Hey everyone. Thanks for your replies - I’m now feeling much more positive about the flight!

Silver Falcon Oct 20, 2019 11:32 pm

I have flown the 2-2-2 configuration on many long-haul flights most memorably form Doha - Sydney (14 hrs) !

You cant beat the spaciousness and the huge bed (with no cubby to put your legs/feet in)

I'm a little sad … they will all be re-configured

SF