Wiki Posts
Search

ARN early check in and baggage

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Baec
ARN early check in and baggage

As I'll have ten hours between flights at Stockholm I'm hoping that if I check in on line I can use the automated baggage drops?

I'm BAEC silver so am I right in thinking this will add 15kg to my 40kg business class luggage allowance?

If I'm right will the automated baggage drop allow this extra weight. My BAEC number is attached to the ticket but my luggage allowance is still showing as 40kg on the QR app.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by thinkingallowed
As I'll have ten hours between flights at Stockholm I'm hoping that if I check in on line I can use the automated baggage drops?
Why would the connection time depend on whether you can use the automated baggage drop or not?

I think I've read somewhere that at least SAS opens baggage drop 22 hours before departure.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:08 am

If its not available, Baggage lockers are available for a small fee.

https://www.swedavia.com/arlanda/ser...-lockers/#gref
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum

I'm BAEC silver so am I right in thinking this will add 15kg to my 40kg business class luggage allowance?

If I'm right will the automated baggage drop allow this extra weight. My BAEC number is attached to the ticket but my luggage allowance is still showing as 40kg on the QR app.
Are you checking in on SAS or QR ?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toastedcafe

Are you checking in on SAS or QR ?
QR
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jeroen100
If its not available, Baggage lockers are available for a small fee.

https://www.swedavia.com/arlanda/ser...-lockers/#gref
Excellent, thanks very much.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
QR doesn't use the SK checkin. They have their own and they open 3 hours (If I remember correctly) before the flights. So I think you might be out of luck there. The lockers might work best for your needs.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:01 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by sydunipete
QR doesn't use the SK checkin. They have their own and they open 3 hours (If I remember correctly) before the flights. So I think you might be out of luck there. The lockers might work best for your needs.
Indeed. They are handled by SK but have a dedicated check-in.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydunipete
Definitely a fall back position but I live in hope that online check-in and automated baggage drop might be a solution.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
Yes, it is 3 hours before departure, we tried in Jan to check in, while they were processing the earlier flight, without success, was told to come back 3hrs before. We were very early thanks to BA canx our flight, so had a 6 hour transfer instead of 3 hrs. Mrs L. was not at all happy.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Loungeabout
Yes, it is 3 hours before departure, we tried in Jan to check in, while they were processing the earlier flight, without success, was told to come back 3hrs before. We were very early thanks to BA canx our flight, so had a 6 hour transfer instead of 3 hrs. Mrs L. was not at all happy.
Did you try on line check in?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:08 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador

Did you try on line check in?
This will not solve your problem, if you have checked baggage. Automated drop desks work only for SK (on the right side of the terminal) and DY (left hand side).
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by TPJ
This will not solve your problem, if you have checked baggage. Automated drop desks work only for SK (on the right side of the terminal) and DY (left hand side).
This is correct. There is a QR ticket office opposite the check in counters. You might be able to plead your "case" there. I have no idea about your chances of success.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
Thanks for that reply, so luggage lockers it is.

Apparently it will cost approx £20 for my three bags, I can live with that.
Old May 17, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC
Further data point today, check in opened about 1425 for QR168 (afternoon flight) from ARN. No possibility of bag drop in the couple of hours prior to that. Check in desks 49 to 56 were used, and the aircraft used gate F66.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.