FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Check-in open times at HKG (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1963483-check-open-times-hkg.html)

vand_hk Apr 1, 2019 8:14 am

Check-in open times at HKG

I'm booked on the 1.20am to Doha, does anyone know if the check-in open for the 7.30pm will also let me check in?
I know Qatar does not have a permanent station for HKG check-in, so I'm wondering if they close between the two departures?
I once arrived hella early only to find I had to hang around to be checked-in!

gametitans Apr 1, 2019 8:18 am

Hi
You can check in anytime at the airport express checkin counters in kowloon or in hong kong. Thats what i always do. You will need a ticket to enter though. If you are taking the airport express then you should have the ticket. Hope this helps. Safe travels.

vand_hk Apr 1, 2019 8:23 am

Thanks yeah .. I live in HK so know the counters well, but last time Qatar didn't have a spot to check in there either, so I was assuming those were also time dependent

purple1addict Apr 1, 2019 9:05 am

Originally Posted by vand_hk (Post 30952328)
Thanks yeah .. I live in HK so know the counters well, but last time Qatar didn't have a spot to check in there either, so I was assuming those were also time dependent

I believe the in-town check-in opens at 13:35 (or something similar).

At the airport, if you don't have luggage I think they will print your boarding pass during the check-in time for the earlier flight - but if you're checking luggage then I'm not so sure.

gametitans Apr 1, 2019 10:32 am

I just flew 2 weeks ago and checked in at the kowloon airport express station where i checked in my luggage in the afternoon for the night flight. It's the hong kong express counter i think that handles the the QR check In. Its right after the cathay counters.

Pandra Apr 1, 2019 1:49 pm

Yes, it was around 1300 when we where there a few minutes ago, it was not open in the morning but don’t know if any different for Kowloon

vand_hk Apr 2, 2019 1:21 am

Thanks all, very helpful!

crowe Apr 2, 2019 5:44 am

Originally Posted by purple1addict (Post 30952483)

I believe the in-town check-in opens at 13:35 (or something similar).

At the airport, if you don't have luggage I think they will print your boarding pass during the check-in time for the earlier flight - but if you're checking luggage then I'm not so sure.

Related question (not going on the airport express so that doesn't help) - when do the desks open for the 0120 flight? Not going to be there early enough to use the 1935 period from the earlier flight, but will they be open at 2100 say?

Thanks

kevin071 Apr 2, 2019 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by crowe (Post 30955784)
Related question (not going on the airport express so that doesn't help) - when do the desks open for the 0120 flight? Not going to be there early enough to use the 1935 period from the earlier flight, but will they be open at 2100 say?

Thanks

From my previous experience it open around 3 hrs prior departure so if you are taking QR 815 it will be around 10pm

manucanuck Apr 3, 2019 4:48 am

Originally Posted by vand_hk (Post 30952304)
I'm booked on the 1.20am to Doha, does anyone know if the check-in open for the 7.30pm will also let me check in?
I know Qatar does not have a permanent station for HKG check-in, so I'm wondering if they close between the two departures?
I once arrived hella early only to find I had to hang around to be checked-in!

I was on QR815 and I arrived at 6pm for check in (aisle E) with no problem

crowe Apr 3, 2019 7:04 am

Originally Posted by kevin071 (Post 30958365)
From my previous experience it open around 3 hrs prior departure so if you are taking QR 815 it will be around 10pm

Thanks, will ensure not too early then.

CH_flyer Jun 23, 2019 11:30 am

Do they have the J priority tags for the bags when checkingn in at the kowloon station?

remdk Jun 24, 2019 11:23 am

CH_flyer the last time I checked in at Hong Kong Station priority luggage tags were used. I cannot see that there would be any difference between check-in at Hong Kong and Kowloon stations.

sparkj Jun 24, 2019 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by CH_flyer (Post 31231522)
Do they have the J priority tags for the bags when checkingn in at the kowloon station?

Yes they have J and F priority tags there.
If not flying CX/HKA/HKE, you can usually assume that the check-in desks at the airport open 3 hours before check-in.
I think most if not all airlines can check in at the Airport Express. I recall there's a counter which serves all the "other" airlines with lots of logos on the screen.... perhaps they just ran out of space and didn't show some of the logos.
Remember to get a Airport Express ticket to use it. You can also consider buying a cheap one on Klook if you are not actually going to take the Airport Express.

ManFactSpendLA Nov 8, 2019 4:12 pm

Curious if anyone knows when Qatar is open for pax in transit at Hong Kong? I arrive around 11am and my qr flight is at 18:50z

thanks!