Check-in open times at HKG

Old Apr 1, 19, 9:14 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: HKG
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 39
Check-in open times at HKG

I'm booked on the 1.20am to Doha, does anyone know if the check-in open for the 7.30pm will also let me check in?
I know Qatar does not have a permanent station for HKG check-in, so I'm wondering if they close between the two departures?
I once arrived hella early only to find I had to hang around to be checked-in!
vand_hk is offline  
Old Apr 1, 19, 9:18 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dubai/London/Hong Kong
Programs: QR Gold/CX Silver/EK Silver/EY Gold/Spire Royal Ambassador/Hilton Diamond
Posts: 182
Hi
You can check in anytime at the airport express checkin counters in kowloon or in hong kong. Thats what i always do. You will need a ticket to enter though. If you are taking the airport express then you should have the ticket. Hope this helps. Safe travels.
vand_hk likes this.
gametitans is offline  
Old Apr 1, 19, 9:23 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: HKG
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 39
Thanks yeah .. I live in HK so know the counters well, but last time Qatar didn't have a spot to check in there either, so I was assuming those were also time dependent
vand_hk is offline  
Old Apr 1, 19, 10:05 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LHR
Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,080
Originally Posted by vand_hk View Post
Thanks yeah .. I live in HK so know the counters well, but last time Qatar didn't have a spot to check in there either, so I was assuming those were also time dependent
I believe the in-town check-in opens at 13:35 (or something similar).

At the airport, if you don't have luggage I think they will print your boarding pass during the check-in time for the earlier flight - but if you're checking luggage then I'm not so sure.
vand_hk likes this.
purple1addict is offline  
Old Apr 1, 19, 11:32 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dubai/London/Hong Kong
Programs: QR Gold/CX Silver/EK Silver/EY Gold/Spire Royal Ambassador/Hilton Diamond
Posts: 182
I just flew 2 weeks ago and checked in at the kowloon airport express station where i checked in my luggage in the afternoon for the night flight. It's the hong kong express counter i think that handles the the QR check In. Its right after the cathay counters.
vand_hk likes this.
gametitans is offline  
Old Apr 1, 19, 2:49 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
Posts: 191
Yes, it was around 1300 when we where there a few minutes ago, it was not open in the morning but don’t know if any different for Kowloon
vand_hk likes this.
Pandra is offline  
Old Apr 2, 19, 2:21 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: HKG
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 39
Thanks all, very helpful!
vand_hk is offline  
Old Apr 2, 19, 6:44 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: LBA
Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Posts: 389
Originally Posted by purple1addict View Post


I believe the in-town check-in opens at 13:35 (or something similar).

At the airport, if you don't have luggage I think they will print your boarding pass during the check-in time for the earlier flight - but if you're checking luggage then I'm not so sure.
Related question (not going on the airport express so that doesn't help) - when do the desks open for the 0120 flight? Not going to be there early enough to use the 1935 period from the earlier flight, but will they be open at 2100 say?

Thanks
crowe is offline  
Old Apr 2, 19, 7:16 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: LHR/HKG
Programs: CX Sliver, QR Gold
Posts: 59
Originally Posted by crowe View Post
Related question (not going on the airport express so that doesn't help) - when do the desks open for the 0120 flight? Not going to be there early enough to use the 1935 period from the earlier flight, but will they be open at 2100 say?

Thanks
From my previous experience it open around 3 hrs prior departure so if you are taking QR 815 it will be around 10pm
kevin071 is offline  
Old Apr 3, 19, 5:48 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Posts: 97
Originally Posted by vand_hk View Post
I'm booked on the 1.20am to Doha, does anyone know if the check-in open for the 7.30pm will also let me check in?
I know Qatar does not have a permanent station for HKG check-in, so I'm wondering if they close between the two departures?
I once arrived hella early only to find I had to hang around to be checked-in!
I was on QR815 and I arrived at 6pm for check in (aisle E) with no problem
manucanuck is offline  
Old Apr 3, 19, 8:04 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: LBA
Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Posts: 389
Originally Posted by kevin071 View Post
From my previous experience it open around 3 hrs prior departure so if you are taking QR 815 it will be around 10pm
Thanks, will ensure not too early then.
crowe is offline  
Old Jun 23, 19, 12:30 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: BA Gold, DL Platinum Medaillon, HHonors Silver, IHG Gold
Posts: 3
Do they have the J priority tags for the bags when checkingn in at the kowloon station?
CH_flyer is offline  
Old Jun 24, 19, 12:23 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,933
CH_flyer the last time I checked in at Hong Kong Station priority luggage tags were used. I cannot see that there would be any difference between check-in at Hong Kong and Kowloon stations.
CH_flyer likes this.
remdk is offline  
Old Jun 24, 19, 11:26 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 94
Originally Posted by CH_flyer View Post
Do they have the J priority tags for the bags when checkingn in at the kowloon station?
Yes they have J and F priority tags there.
If not flying CX/HKA/HKE, you can usually assume that the check-in desks at the airport open 3 hours before check-in.
I think most if not all airlines can check in at the Airport Express. I recall there's a counter which serves all the "other" airlines with lots of logos on the screen.... perhaps they just ran out of space and didn't show some of the logos.
Remember to get a Airport Express ticket to use it. You can also consider buying a cheap one on Klook if you are not actually going to take the Airport Express.
CH_flyer likes this.
sparkj is offline  
Old Nov 8, 19, 5:12 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 355
Curious if anyone knows when Qatar is open for pax in transit at Hong Kong? I arrive around 11am and my qr flight is at 18:50z

thanks!
ManFactSpendLA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread