Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar website availibilty in I class not customer service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Hi I have current booking from OSL-LHR-DOH-SIN and the same way back. I have already flown the outbound sector and I am looking at changing the return flight. I have booked in business class saver (I) and it can be changed with a penalty of 1787 NOK which is OK. Problem is that when I go to qatarairways.com and do a dummy booking from DOH to LHR I find the flight I want to change to in business saver with I class. But when I call Qatar they cannot find any availibility in I class, but their website is clearly showing I class for the exact same flight. Do anyone know why there is a difference on their website and what they see in the system? I checked Expertflyer and it is of course saying I0, so they are right. Just wondering why the website is showing I class. If I change to a higher class the penalty is more than 1300 USD so that is not an option.

Does it happen that Qatar releases more I class seats? Or am I SOL already?

Last edited by TravelManBiz; Jul 19, 2018 at 4:26 am
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
Hi I have current booking from OSL-LHR-DOH-SIN and the same way back. I have already flown the outbound sector and I am looking at changing the return flight. I have booked in business class saver (I) and it can be changed with a penalty of 1787 NOK which is OK. Problem is that when I go to qatarairways.com and do a dummy booking from DOH to LHR I find the flight I want to change to in business saver with I class. But when I call Qatar they cannot find any availibility in I class, but their website is clearly showing I class for the exact same flight. Do anyone know why there is a difference on their website and what they see in the system? I checked Expertflyer and it is of course saying I0, so they are right. Just wondering why the website is showing I class. If I change to a higher class the penalty is more than 1300 USD so that is not an option.

Does it happen that Qatar releases more I class seats? Or am I SOL already?

In EF if you do an availability search for SIN LHR on QR ignoring the DOH bit does it have I class then?

QR use married segments so this could be the issue ? Worth a check
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:39 am

You should be able to assess the cost of various amendments by using the change/cancel function in Manage My Booking on the QR website. Also, perhaps having a (presumably BA) sector from LHR to OSL in the journey may be the sticking point?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. As suggested, it was the married segments that was the problem. I searched Qatar website for flights and nothing came up. I then checked Expertflyer from SIN to LHR (married segments) and found a combination

I then called Qatar to make the change. The agent was very surprised to how I know there was I2 availbility on the flights specified He asked if I found it on their website and I said no. I told them I had other means to check. He also asked why I did not fly DOH-OSL directly, I just said I like to fly And now I get to try the First Wing and First Class lounge in T5
nilsfr69 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.