Wiki Posts
Search

BA South Lounge at LGW flying Qatar

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
BA South Lounge at LGW flying Qatar

This is probably a daft question, but I've got a potential flight with QR out of Gatwick North. Is there any way I can use the BA lounge in South before the flight, as I don't believe there are any OW accessible lounges in North? I'm assuming its impossible to pass between the terminals in that way, but wanted to check.

Last edited by LimitingFactor; Aug 21, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
I would assume this is not possible, (or worthwhile!)
Im sure QR will have an arrangement for lounge use in the North terminal and the 3rd party lounges there are pretty good.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
Not possible I am afraid. If flying J with QR then they will give you a voucher for the Aspire lounge in the North terminal. If flying Y then I am not sure of any other options apart from Priority Pass etc.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:33 am

I don't think it is possible to transfer between north and south airside. The shuttle train is landside. I am sure others will be along shortly to offer suggestions, as it might be that QR have an agreement with one of the third party lounges there.

EDIT: doh, beaten to it!
07L 25R likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by anyuser
Not possible I am afraid. If flying J with QR then they will give you a voucher for the Aspire lounge in the North terminal. If flying Y then I am not sure of any other options apart from Priority Pass etc.
Thanks all, I will be in J (on a BA code) - I didn't know that QR will give a lounge voucher so assumed the BA lounge was only option. I tried to search for information on the QR website and didn't find anything.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: Tesco Clubcard, Heathrow Rewards, M&S Sparks, Caffè Nero, HSBC rewards... BAEC defector
Originally Posted by lavajava
EDIT: doh, beaten to it!
^ pun anyone?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uklinus
Thanks all, I will be in J (on a BA code) - I didn't know that QR will give a lounge voucher so assumed the BA lounge was only option. I tried to search for information on the QR website and didn't find anything.
Proper airlines like QR are pretty much guaranteed to provide lounge access wherever the airport. It’s BA, as a fallen angel, that has taken the path of not offering lounge access at some European airports to protect management bonuses/deliver a world class LCC experience ��
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by 07L 25R
^ pun anyone?
LOL, Sorry, I meant DOH
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Swanhunter

Proper airlines like QR are pretty much guaranteed to provide lounge access wherever the airport. It’s BA, as a fallen angel, that has taken the path of not offering lounge access at some European airports to protect management bonuses/deliver a world class LCC experience ��
Add AA into the mix like BA then, no lounge when im flying from YUL next month
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:29 pm

can anyone confirm the lounge on offer for QR J flying from LGW north? I know the aspire lounge was mentioned above but I've seen someone else mention the no 1 lounge in another thread
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by brokenspirit
can anyone confirm the lounge on offer for QR J flying from LGW north? I know the aspire lounge was mentioned above but I've seen someone else mention the no 1 lounge in another thread
I believe it is Aspire:
QR at Gatwick flight loads and lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/LGW/-1
QR also says Aspire:
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/lounges/worldwide.html
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:33 pm

ah thats great thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
All the more reason (great fare deals notwithstanding), if flying QR ex-LON to fly from LHR rather than LGW.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Slightly on this topic, is there any premium security on QR at LGW North? Emerald travelling Y.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
I just walked out of the awful Aspire lounge and used Lounge Key to access the No1 Lounge instead. There is nothing aspirational about the Aspire lounge (unless you like a small tepid buffet in a basement). The food may not be much better upstairs but at least there is a view and more space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.