Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Upgrade one leg with Qmiles and other legs of same booking with Qcredits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade one leg with Qmiles and other legs of same booking with Qcredits?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by A380PM
Is that not just for an award ticket?
oh yeah. Mistake. Not very familar with this new fee structure.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Originally Posted by HOLYMOLEAIR
Bad news for you, the new enhancement will bring the price of upgrading from 40 to 46 Qcredits, so you won't be able to upgrade both of the flights with QCredits.
Thanks for the update! I guess Privilege Club is becoming less attractive now for members that can achieve Gold but not Plat.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: QRPC-Plat/OWE, MPC, BAEC
Well I was hoping to get one upgrade on HKG to LHR after attaining gold, but it seems like it's no longer possible now...

Originally Posted by BlueMoongr
Thanks for the update! I guess Privilege Club is becoming less attractive now for members that can achieve Gold but not Plat.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: Qatar Platinum, One World Emerald, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Crisu69
oh yeah. Mistake. Not very familar with this new fee structure.
I think it may be for award upgrades, per sector also. I had been fully expecting to pay for several sectors I am upgrading on an upcoming trip. Could anyone definitively confirm? I am doing all upgrades at the airport. The system is just too risky if its taking more than a few days to respond. I want to avoid risking having my points and miles stuck in limbo within the system and not available for use (does this happen?)
Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by ashbjr
The system is just too risky if its taking more than a few days to respond
when i upgraded in the past the system was working in real time. No need to wait and no risk

if upgrade was possible i could choose fight and miles or Qcredits to redeem and it was confirmed the same time with new ticket issued and miles/Qcredits deducted.

if no upgrade was available at the moment i could choose nothing. Coud not start any request and of course no miles were blocked.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: Qatar Platinum, One World Emerald, IHG Platinum Elite
One question for Crisu69 or anyone else. Are options that show up only the ones that the member can afford? Meaning, if I have 40,000 Q miles, when would an upgrade that requires 50,000 Qmiles show up, or would it show up as unavailable as I don't have enough to request it. I have a situation right now where i will have renewal QCredits quite close to the flight date. I wondered if a DOH-JFK segment with QSuites was showing up as unavailable as I don't have the needed Qcredits or simply because QR doesn't release a route like that for award upgrades before the airport. I am suspecting the latter.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by ashbjr
One question for Crisu69 or anyone else. Are options that show up only the ones that the member can afford?
NO!

The possibility for an upgrade will show up when QR make space available whether you have the miles or not.
if at that time you not have sifficient miles/Qcredits and you try to upgrade one leg, the system will then just give you an errror message like 'No sufficient miles for upgrade on your account' or someting similar.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by A380PM
I have a similar dilemma. I was planning a trip to Tokyo from Dublin. I have 120,000 Qmiles and 40 Qcredits. If I book in V class, I would have enough miles to upgrade to Business for the DUB-DOH return and one flight of DOH-HND. One leg of DOH-HND can be upgraded using 39 Qcredits now. Is this possible to do; upgrading individual legs of a journey mixing qmiles and qcredits?
I'm still looking into this trip. I have a question. To upgrade a return trip DUB to HND from K, L, M, V class requires 160,000 qmiles.

However as I'm using QCredits to upgrade the DOH to HND Leg. I will only need qmiles for the other 3 legs.

DUB - DOH Return requires 60,000 Qmiles
DOH - HND Return requires 95,000 Qmiles

Total = 155,000 Qmiles (5,000 less than DUB-HND) Which is correct?

Therefore if I use Qcredits for the DOH-HND leg, would I only need 47,500 for the return leg? This would mean a total of 107,500 + 39QCredits to upgrade the entire trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.