Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Award seats all showing 2X normal miles for all date up to 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award seats all showing 2X normal miles for all date up to 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA *Gold
I think each leg is priced separately, with result destination is 2X
Old May 19, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: QR Plat
Looks like QR has released more award availability. Managed to book the following award tickets (in business) earlier today:
ARN to East Asia for early August
EZE to East Asia for early January 2019 (for two passengers)

I have been monitoring award tickets from Latin America for long time and finally managed to find some.

Last edited by JC880; May 22, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)

Just out of curiosity, I checked the redemption availability for MUC - BKK - MUC in Business...I stopped to calculate how many flights you have to do to earn the required 476,900 QMiles for ONE return flight in Business.
Nothing more to be said.....
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:19 am

Something is going on because all Qatar flights booked via BA.com only show 2 business seats - even into 2019
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveller999

Just out of curiosity, I checked the redemption availability for MUC - BKK - MUC in Business...I stopped to calculate how many flights you have to do to earn the required 476,900 QMiles for ONE return flight in Business.
Nothing more to be said.....
This is Q2 (2x miles) availability and not 'normal' 1× miles.

Is this even bookable as Q2 award?

You can not upgrade to a Q2 flight e.g. from economy to biz.
Would it even be possible to book an award Q2 flight?

normal Q1 rate would be 238.450 miles for this trip and is even possible:

Last edited by Crisu69; Jun 7, 2018 at 8:31 am
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Crisu69
This is Q2 (2x miles) availability and not 'normal' 1× miles.

Is this even bookable as Q2 award?

You can not upgrade to a Q2 flight e.g. from economy to biz.
Would it even be possible to book an award Q2 flight?

normal Q1 rate would be 238.450 miles for this trip and is even possible:
yes it’s 2x Miles! And it shows to be possible to book, but I did not do it ;-)
Sorry, even for 1x Miles the amount of miles have to be spend is crazy!
Sure you can find some possibilities for 1x miles, but unfortunately I can not adjust my dates to fly, to the “some” availability of 1x (crazy) miles ....around 10 paid business trips for one “free” one (not free anymore).
Just to compare - I recently did book a redemption ticket for my daughter from Europe to MEX (and back) in first (to MEX) and business (to Europe) for around 150.000 miles with LH....

Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:14 pm

Kinda lame - flew CDG-DOH-AKL. For the last 2 weeks, J was been 25-50% booked on these routes per discussions with lounge management and crew. Of course, only Q2 available in J. Literally the second section of J today DOH-AKL had 2 people in it.

I am now of the opinion that QR doesn't want us to redeem our Qmiles on long-haul J routes, and therefore does its utmost to prohibit such redemptions, even if J is empty (leading up to CDG-DOH, always Q2 in F/J despite 2/17 in F/J).
Traveller999 and JC880 like this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by delfindo
Kinda lame - flew CDG-DOH-AKL. For the last 2 weeks, J was been 25-50% booked on these routes per discussions with lounge management and crew. Of course, only Q2 available in J. Literally the second section of J today DOH-AKL had 2 people in it.

I am now of the opinion that QR doesn't want us to redeem our Qmiles on long-haul J routes, and therefore does its utmost to prohibit such redemptions, even if J is empty (leading up to CDG-DOH, always Q2 in F/J despite 2/17 in F/J).
Oh I think QR wants us to redeem miles, but they want us to use a massive amount of QMiles for our desired upgrade.
But as you see on the passenger “load” in J and F, their strategy doesn’ work ;-)
flyvirgin likes this.

Last edited by Traveller999; Jun 9, 2018 at 2:27 am
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by delfindo
how about this J award with normal 1× miles:

i found a couple more from Paris to doha every month. Not many but they are there. But F is all Q2 from paris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.