Wiki Posts
Search

777 mattress topper in J

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
777 mattress topper in J

I'm interested in how consistently the toppers on these aircraft are used...I've flown 3 x 777 J legs so far and not once had a topper. My parents flew the same route as me but 24 hours earlier and did get toppers!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Adstring
I'm interested in how consistently the toppers on these aircraft are used...I've flown 3 x 777 J legs so far and not once had a topper. My parents flew the same route as me but 24 hours earlier and did get toppers!
Flown J on the 777 quite a few times. Never ever seen a mattress topper.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:56 pm

I got it both ways on DOH-AKL.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
It's been on the flights I've flown to/from the US (LAX, JFK, and BOS) and DOH on the 777 and 350. But not on some shorter routes (DOH-SGN and DOH-BKK).
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Got it on DOH-LAX and slept 8 hours (immediately after takeoff) like a baby. Seat block certainly helped ^
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Do all 777s get them or is this a Q Suite feature?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: Back to AA EXP for 2018 after 1 year on worthless Plat Pro
Originally Posted by woodwoodwood
Do all 777s get them or is this a Q Suite feature?
Comments from a first time Qatar flyer yesterday so apologies for the newbie viewpoints.

Just flew DFW to DOH last night and no mattress topper in business class. Still a comfy sleeper in the 777 clamshell. Nowhere near as comfy as the Qantas A380 business class DFW - SYD. And the food on Qatar is nowhere near their level either. You have to factor in that from DOH to all other destinations and continents means that Qatar has to offer a crazy array of food choices. So likely an unfair comparison.

Make sure you also book in the first 4 rows of Bus on the 777's. This way you are not in the sea of humanity that streams past you on boarding and also slightly quieter up front (personal opinion).

Other than that, Qatar is a seriously solid choice and a great value in business. $3.8k roundtrip business from DFW to Delhi -- pretty impressive value.

Oh, the Doha airport and business lounge are second to none that I have ever seen. Wow.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
my understanding is that the mattress toppers are route-dependent. Note, however, that on the 777, sometimes, the crew will put it in the box in front of your seat, and other times, "hide" them in some of the overheads and make them available on request only. Could you tell us what route you and your parents were flying, and did you specifically ask for them and told that they were not available?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Note, however, that on the 777, sometimes, the crew will put it in the box in front of your seat, and other times, "hide" them in some of the overheads and make them available on request only.
That's a good point -- I don't recall them ever being at my seat. A few times I was asked if I wanted my "bed" made and other times I had to request the pad. Very few others used the pads, my guess is they didn't know they were available on request.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Should we expect this on doh-per and back?.
both long overnight flights
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by stewaran
Should we expect this on doh-per and back?.
both long overnight flights
Yes, you'll get them!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
my understanding is that the mattress toppers are route-dependent. Note, however, that on the 777, sometimes, the crew will put it in the box in front of your seat, and other times, "hide" them in some of the overheads and make them available on request only. Could you tell us what route you and your parents were flying, and did you specifically ask for them and told that they were not available?
^ I've been proactively asked on longer T7 routes (old configuration) to just tell them when I wanted the bed to be made. Unfortunately for them, most of these flights I would just watch a movie after eating and at some point just sleep.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:21 pm

Yes, you'll get them!
Thanks, Should we ask for our bed to made up for us like in BA F, or is it DIY like BA J?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by stewaran
Thanks, Should we ask for our bed to made up for us like in BA F, or is it DIY like BA J?
Better than BA F - and the crew will make it for you.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by DatBoi

Better than BA F - and the crew will make it for you.
OK Great

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.