Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Does Oneworld status count for anything flying QR J?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold

Hi,

Is it fair to say that Oneworld status doesn't count for anything when flying in QR J? I have travelled as a Oneworld Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald in QR J and can't say I have noticed any difference. In fact when flying as a Oneworld Ruby it was the only time when I was able to order everything I wanted from the menu on all 4 flights. From what I have observed food orders are taken from front to back and not prioritised based on status?

Thanks.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:45 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Hi,

Is it fair to say that Oneworld status doesn't count for anything when flying in QR J? .
How about this:

the higher the status the more miles you earn

PS: When i fly QR economy i am always greeted and and asked for my menue choce at first. When i fly first or biz it start at the beginning of the row. never noticed other airlines take meal choice in biz/first upon status.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:06 am

No, status really does nothing in terms of the passenger experience if you're already in the premium cabin.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Crisu69
How about this:

the higher the status the more miles you earn

PS: When i fly QR economy i am always greeted and and asked for my menue choce at first. When i fly first or biz it start at the beginning of the row. never noticed other airlines take meal choice in biz/first upon status.
My status isn't with QR so unfortunately I don't earn anymore miles.

When I flew Iberia in J the meal choice was taken based on status. I believe BA do too although depends if crew apply it or not.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
That is my experience too with QR; they always go front to back. I'm not sure though what would happen if they run out of a particular choice ie. if they then go by status as eg. UA does.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by a9504477
That is my experience too with QR; they always go front to back. I'm not sure though what would happen if they run out of a particular choice ie. if they then go by status as eg. UA does.
I think QR's menu is large enough to offer an acceptable alternative. I've honestly haven't had a problem with that on QR. The sushi was gone very quickly (somewhere over China) but that's about it. QR could however improve and offer passenger the possibility to book ahead. QR will know if they have to charge additional quantities of main A or main B and they won't run out as quickly.

Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Is it fair to say that Oneworld status do From what I have observed food orders are taken from front to back and not prioritised based on status?
What would be the point? Most people flying Qatar J will hold status in some form or shape. It takes one return from Europe to Southeast Asia to comfortably make OW Ruby. Add a couple of cheap economy flights on other OW airlines and you can make OW Sapphire quite comfortably too. Even OW Emerald isn't that difficult to reach on Qatar given that they are incredibly affordable in J.
TheFlyingBrick likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by WorldLux
I think QR's menu is large enough to offer an acceptable alternative. I've honestly haven't had a problem with that on QR. The sushi was gone very quickly (somewhere over China) but that's about it. QR could however improve and offer passenger the possibility to book ahead.
QR does now allow selection of main courses online before a flight. Otherwise I’m in total agreement, if your main concern is being singled out for better treatment due to status you should choose a different airline - QR’s approach is to offer a similar (high quality) J experience to all passengers rather than some getting better seats / lounges / catering choices onboard than others.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Dont really know what you would like, QR J is a great product, they treat everyone the same, regardless of status, I have seen on CX, that they do ask EXP what they want to eat first before serving everyone else, and yes you do get your meal before everyother J passenger
Old Dec 17, 2017, 6:38 am

Worked exaxtly the opposite way for me so far.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 6:55 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
QR does now allow selection of main courses online before a flight.
*available on select flights from Doha only.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by fotographer
Dont really know what you would like, QR J is a great product, they treat everyone the same, regardless of status, I have seen on CX, that they do ask EXP what they want to eat first before serving everyone else, and yes you do get your meal before everyother J passenger
One would think they’d ask their own diamonds and owe first instead of singling out aa frequent travelers.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 7:07 am

fotographer according to https://www.qatarairways.com/en-dk/p...Press-releases you can select your meals for a number of destinations online using Manage My Booking (MMB) or 'My Flights' as it appers to be called now. It is thought that the availability is now even larger than stated in this press release..
Old Dec 17, 2017, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by duvin
One would think they’d ask their own diamonds and owe first instead of singling out aa frequent travelers.
They don't single out AA travelers. I expect that since AA EXP is the only airline program listed by fotographer in his/her description (or whatever FT calls it), s/he didn't intend to exclude other OWE members and just called them EXP from force of habit. IME CX treats all OWE members the same in terms of things like first choice of meals, and doesn't discriminate among the various airlines' programs.
mrow and TheFlyingBrick like this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
They don't single out AA travelers. I expect that since AA EXP is the only airline program listed by fotographer in his/her description (or whatever FT calls it), s/he didn't intend to exclude other OWE members and just called them EXP from force of habit. IME CX treats all OWE members the same in terms of things like first choice of meals, and doesn't discriminate among the various airlines' programs.
Yep, this is my experiences with CX all OWE's are treated the same and very well, no discrimination.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by BaliLoverNL
Yep, this is my experiences with CX all OWE's are treated the same and very well, no discrimination.
Likewise, I have AA EXP and BA Gold and both have been recognised equally by CX (though obviously not on the same flight!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.