FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Sale Fares Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1868118-sale-fares-discussion.html)

energydj Jul 25, 2018 3:53 pm

Found a 10% off recently. Anything else going? The days of single business class travel are over. Now its economy with Mrs & junior!!

tboons Jul 26, 2018 3:44 pm

Barely any sales ongoing..
​​​​

Richard Bell Jul 26, 2018 5:49 pm

I'm getting a weekly email of 'offers', here in Thailand, but nothing even worth posting on here ! It's a drought to match the weather back in the UK ! :cool:

There was a promo (now expired) for people with mobile-phones, which offered extra Qpoints, an interesting idea ... but absolutely useless to people like me, who don't have a mobile-phone. I responded, asking how people who just use normal laptops/computers to book online are supposed to access these deals, but (of course ... 'enhance' service !) got no response from them.

Given the drastic-downvaluation of Qmiles, Qpoints are almost more-useful for me to earn, because of better benefits for higher-tiers, I'm just-barely going to achieve Gold-status at the end of this year for the first time ... every little helps ! :rolleyes:

PxC Jul 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Sad times as far as QR sales are concerned. I only fly discounted J and so far that has pretty much all been on QR (once BA+Emirates). Got a couple of trips I need to book and its getting to the stage of giving up on waiting :( On the plus side, Gulf Airs new business seat looks fantastic and with fares of £1100 from LHR - Asia, not sure QR will even get near that.

Dr. HFH Jul 27, 2018 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Paul Coles (Post 30020772)
On the plus side, Gulf Airs new business seat looks fantastic and with fares of £1100 from LHR - Asia, not sure QR will even get near that.

I've been on Gulf Air and liked it; but it really doesn't work for me because its loyalty program has no partners that are relevant to me, and no airline partners at all.

more4less Jul 28, 2018 1:26 am

>

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 30021160)
I've been on Gulf Air and liked it; but it really doesn't work for me because its loyalty program has no partners that are relevant to me, and no airline partners at all.

+1

it would be great if they would integrate in one of the 3 alliances but doubt is going to happen anytime soon

Phil the Flyer Jul 28, 2018 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 30021160)

I know the feeling. Given our long-standing OW Emerald status Mrs PtF and I try and fly OW wherever possible, thereby obviating the need for Tier Point runs (which I’ve always considered to be a waste of both time and money). In recent years our flights have changed from 80% BA / 20% others to 80% QR / 20% others.

However unless QR ‘pull their finger out’ and have a J sale by mid-November we will have to - horror of horrors - bite the bullet on a BA INCEU60 ex-AMS itinerary. The thought of flying BA J long-haul (in comparison to QR) hardly fills us with excitement.

3544quebec Jul 30, 2018 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer (Post 30021323)

The thought of flying BA J long-haul (in comparison to QR) hardly fills us with excitement.

Do it during Lent as the Roman Catholic Church recognises it as a particularly severe Lenten Penitential Sacrifice

wheatbeer Jul 30, 2018 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer (Post 30021323)

I know the feeling. Given our long-standing OW Emerald status Mrs PtF and I try and fly OW wherever possible, thereby obviating the need for Tier Point runs (which I’ve always considered to be a waste of both time and money). In recent years our flights have changed from 80% BA / 20% others to 80% QR / 20% others.

However unless QR ‘pull their finger out’ and have a J sale by mid-November we will have to - horror of horrors - bite the bullet on a BA INCEU60 ex-AMS itinerary. The thought of flying BA J long-haul (in comparison to QR) hardly fills us with excitement.

You could upgrade with Avios to F to make it more bearable. If you route via HKG or SIN you can get the A380 or 787-9 via KUL. Personally I would take BA F on the A380 over Qatar J. Better champagne, bigger seat and CCR in LHR.

#1son Jul 30, 2018 11:12 am

prices have not been overly attractive on QR lately

I had Oman match Gold and booked MXP to HK as a trial flight

Phil the Flyer Jul 30, 2018 11:49 am

Originally Posted by wheatbeer (Post 30027714)
You could upgrade with Avios to F to make it more bearable. If you route via HKG or SIN you can get the A380 or 787-9 via KUL. Personally I would take BA F on the A380 over Qatar J. Better champagne, bigger seat and CCR in LHR.

Indeed. I have a currently-unused GUF2 which, in theory, I could use to upgrade at least some legs of a BA INCEU60 (AMS LHR SIN BKK HKG LHR AMS - circa GBP1,450 with a stopover in HKG: our final destination is CEB) from J to F - however upgrade availability is poor to non-existent for even six to nine months out.

Nothing against LHR T5 CCR, but I personally favour LHR T4 QR F/J lounge. Having said that, any QR J itinerary this winter would probably be ex-EU, so no QR LHR lounge (CDG is the only other acceptable QR EU lounge).

Mrs PtF and I are looking to travel mid-January - so given INCEU60’s 60 day advance purchase requirement, if QR don’t have a sale by mid-November it will probably be BA (less Tier Points, inferior J cabin/service, etc) - first world problems!

PxC Jul 30, 2018 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer (Post 30028391)

Indeed. I have a currently-unused GUF2 which, in theory, I could use to upgrade at least some legs of a BA INCEU60 (AMS LHR SIN BKK HKG LHR AMS - circa GBP1,450 with a stopover in HKG: our final destination is CEB) from J to F - however upgrade availability is poor to non-existent for even six to nine months out.

Nothing against LHR T5 CCR, but I personally favour LHR T4 QR F/J lounge. Having said that, any QR J itinerary this winter would probably be ex-EU, so no QR LHR lounge (CDG is the only other acceptable QR EU lounge).

Mrs PtF and I are looking to travel mid-January - so given INCEU60’s 60 day advance purchase requirement, if QR don’t have a sale by mid-November it will probably be BA (less Tier Points, inferior J cabin/service, etc) - first world problems!

But there doesn't need to be reward availability (just A in F) if booking with GUF2 with a TA, no?

I had the same reservations about CW when flying it back from LAX, but I was quite impressed. Inconsistency does seem to be an issue, but the upper deck seat felt like a spacious enclosed suite on the A380, and the food was good (and service ok). You would still get to use the Pier on the way home from HKG as well. If I had an aisle seat/travelling solo/older plane I may well have rated it significantly less.

As far as Gulf Air is concerned, they appear to have a much better version of the Club World hard product, and given the very positive reviews its getting BA could certainly do worse than using it for their new CW next year,..

The _Banking_Scot Jul 31, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi,

I have just booked ( via the website) LHR-DOH-HKG-DOH-LHR for 24th Nov ( back 1st Dec ) in J for £1495 ( the LHR-DOH is code shared with BA)

aircraft are
LHR-DOH- BA 787
DOH-HKG-DOH 777
DOH-LHR A380

First time on Qatar and looking forward to it and the DOH Lounges

Regards

TBS

Phil the Flyer Jul 31, 2018 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 30032636)
First time on Qatar and looking forward to

TBS - welcome to the other side. Once you’ve tasted the forbidden fruit of QR for the first time there’ll be no going back. :)

plunet Jul 31, 2018 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer (Post 30033396)

TBS - welcome to the other side. Once you’ve tasted the forbidden fruit of QR for the first time there’ll be no going back. :)

If only the fruit were a similar price to what it used to be in 2016 and early 2017...