Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Not Honoring Travel Festival 4X Miles Promotion: Advice Needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not Honoring Travel Festival 4X Miles Promotion: Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Angry Not Honoring Travel Festival 4X Miles Promotion: Advice Needed

Hello earlier this year when the travel festival sale first started they said there was a 5X Miles promo for bookings in the first day then a 4X for bookings that week. I couldn’t see that in my Privilege club dashboard area for Promos so I called the PC desk for my region (I am based in Amsterdam).

I called and spoke with a very nice PC representative from the Polish call center.

I explained that I wanted to book a bunch of flights based upon this promotion (5 long hauls in Business/First actually). Also, that I needed to be added to the promo. He confirmed that was no problem and that as long as I booked that week I was eligible and authorized.

I have since taken 4 of those return flights and only 2X miles went to my account, so I called the Polish PC desk who said they needed to review the call records and would come back to me later that week (this was 2-3 weeks ago).

A polish PC desk representative called me back later that week and said he had the result of the investigation. They did find the discussion (from January 10th) and listened and confirmed that the representative did confirm I should receive the 4X promo. Then he said, "but sorry the representative you spoke to was incorrect and you are not eligible for the 4X promo, but you were only eligible for the 2X".

I told him that is completely crap and I am extremely unhappy. He said he would email the PC office in Doha to let me know what they would say. He then called me back 3 days later and said that they confirmed what he originally told me, he was very sorry but can’t do anything more.

He said the only thing I can do is mail the main PC email address ([email protected]) and try there, as I am gold status (now after these flights) that I have a better chance to get something accomplished directly. So I am going to send them an email this week.

Has anyone had a similar experience? What can I do if I hit the Qatari wall?

Any advice on how to present the email to the main PC desk? Isn’t this an example of bait and switch?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:53 am

Did you receive an email at the time of the travel festival saying that you were eligible for the x4 and x5 qmiles promotion? You say there was nothing showing in your dashboard.

The number of miles offered was targeted, different people were offered different amounts. If you didn't receive the x4/5 offer then you may not be eligible for it. It is unfortunate that the call centre person said you were, but it also sounds as though QR have investigated it thoroughly.

None of which helps you of course. Have a look back through your emails around the time of the promotion and see if you have something to back up the x4/5 eligibility. That may help, or you may find a x2 offer after all, or maybe nothing. Apart from that I'm not sure what to suggest. Sorry you've had a bad experience.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: QR - Plat, SQ, ANA, Delta, AA
Email back to [email protected] but check your setups for your registration

I had similar problems for 2 recent trips in Jan & Feb 2017, and I emailed them both times which were resolved within 3-5 days. However you must have registered for the offer during the sale (and you don't get emails to confirm that).

Check your Privilege Account prior to emailing them - my dashboard / my offers / current offers. You should have registered for it and it would show: Qatar Airways: Earn up to 4x bonus Qmiles and many more

Book, save and earn bonus Qmiles during Qatar Airways Travel Festival
Already registered

If you have this setup during the purchase, then it should show in your setup and you are golden. Otherwise, ... good luck!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Unfortunately it's not there, but they already confirmed it was their CSR mistake so if the luck fails what do I do? We're talking about a missing 1-200k miles basically.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:37 pm

QR have acknowledged that they advised you were eligible. On the basis of that information you made your purchase. I'd write in stating the facts, what you want as recompense (missing miles I assume) and see what happens. If you get nowhere involve your local equivalent of trading standards or CAA - seems to me you were mis-sold plain and simple.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by mr_botak
QR have acknowledged that they advised you were eligible.
But the flip side of that is that most/all contractual terms and conditions say that they cannot be modified verbally by an employee or agent. If you're otherwise not eligible, the fact that someone told you were eligible, even if it appears in the PNR notes, may not change your eligibility status.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:38 am

Yes, that could well be the case, but nothing ventured nothing gained.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 3:59 am

I'm sure it is worth emailing them and restating your case. The difficulty is likely to be how you found out about the x4/x5 offer. If the offer was sent to you and you can back that up with a copy of the email, then all should be well. If you just heard about it here or elsewhere but weren't targeted directly, things may be stickier. I heard about it but wasn't offered it, so not everyone was eligible.

You were clearly registered for the travel festival though as you received the x2 miles. Were you an existing PC member before the festival? Being told that you were eligible for x4/x5 over the phone if you were not is unfortunate, it sounds like it was a mistake but you clearly feel let down. Hopefully Doha CS can explain their and your position more clearly, and maybe help with a compromise. Good luck!
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Yeah I had a PC account for about a year (I considered one of the previous promos but couldn't partake) prior to these flights I had booked 1 oneworld flight to this account but booked the previous QR ones to AA. After these flights I booked for the promo I now have gold status but as I do really end up with 150- 200k butt in seat miles a year I will really reconsider further business with QR if they are unable to solve this satisfactorily.

Either way email will be sent tonight! Wish me luck I will update when I get an answer sometime next week I hope.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by chosun8181
I had similar problems for 2 recent trips in Jan & Feb 2017, and I emailed them both times which were resolved within 3-5 days. However you must have registered for the offer during the sale (and you don't get emails to confirm that).

Check your Privilege Account prior to emailing them - my dashboard / my offers / current offers. You should have registered for it and it would show: Qatar Airways: Earn up to 4x bonus Qmiles and many more

Book, save and earn bonus Qmiles during Qatar Airways Travel Festival
Already registered

If you have this setup during the purchase, then it should show in your setup and you are golden. Otherwise, ... good luck!
I'm in exactly the same situation. Just gave them a call and it the girl on the phone kind of said I was right but had to send it to another team. Should have an answer within 72 hours according to her. Hope it works, would be a huge bummer if I wouldn't get the miles!!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Zolex
I'm in exactly the same situation. Just gave them a call and it the girl on the phone kind of said I was right but had to send it to another team. Should have an answer within 72 hours according to her. Hope it works, would be a huge bummer if I wouldn't get the miles!!
Just got a reply from them after 1 and a half weeks and they have credited the miles!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zolex
Just got a reply from them after 1 and a half weeks and they have credited the miles!
I've sent two emails now and still nothing yet.
Old May 5, 2017, 6:21 am

OP, was your issue ever resolved?

I'm having trouble getting them to even honour the 2x miles promo!
Sent them copies of my original e-ticket and boarding passes to show that purchase and flight dates all fall within the eligible time frame for the promo... 10 days later... still no resolution.

I had thought their customer service was improving. Now, I'm not so sure.
Old May 5, 2017, 6:46 am
Original Poster

No unfortunately just about nothing back yet, I wrote 4 times and still nothing back. They created a second ticket, last I got was the back office was still looking into it.

This has been ongoing for over 2 months now I am thoroughly disappointed (really sucks as now I am only 50 points from platinum this year with QR) but I think they didn't honor a commitment for a little over 100k in bonus miles?

is there QR rep or contact on this forum? Is there any other avenue I can take to get this resolved in a fair way? Any help is appreciated!!
Old May 5, 2017, 7:56 am
Original Poster

@remdk mr Remdk any advice? You seem to know more then most about QR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.