Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is a qsuite worth a two stop

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Is a qsuite worth a two stop

I have a choice between choosing a 777-300ER qsuite that has a two stop or a one stop a350-900 reverse herringbone. (ofcourse less travel time, award travel and hence same price)
Is the qsuite worth the extra stop/time
Old May 20, 2019, 11:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by karthi525
I have a choice between choosing a 777-300ER qsuite that has a two stop or a one stop a350-900 reverse herringbone. (ofcourse less travel time, award travel and hence same price)
If you have never tried it before and knows that you won't in a couple years go for it.
Otherwise it is not worth it. Sure if is a nice product but you would regret it in case of last minute plane swap.
Old May 20, 2019, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Tom.

DOH to ORD seems to be a 700-300 ER and my travel is in short order -Is this route prone for equipment swap
DOH to ATL which is my final destination is a A350-900 atleast until Jun1
Old May 21, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
If you have time to make that second connection, go for it.
However, here in FT, we see lots of complaints that QR changes the aircraft type last minute which would give you the old Business Class seats instead of a Qsuite.

So, it's your own decision. It would be hard to change your award ticket when a last minute aircraft change occurs.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: QR
From personal experience it is definitely worth it... HOWEVER, watch for last minute aircraft swaps and bang to change to shorter route will cost you literally an arm and leg with the high fees
Old May 21, 2019, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
IMO the 359 1-2-1 is much better for sleeping, QSuites better if you're going to be awake for most of the flight and you value privacy a lot.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Short answer, no - neither is it worth a 12-20 hr layover @ DOH
YMMV
msm2000uk and Traveller999 like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
If you are ever so slightly geeky, and get a kick out experiencing new aircraft, then maybe it's worth it. But only you know if that's the case.

If you have the urge, don't mind an extra mid-trip transfer and have time to spare, go for it.

But in rational terms, all other things being equal, taking on the hassle of a transfer and a time penalty in order to slide a flimsy door closed on the cabin around you, could seem, well, just a little odd
Old May 24, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
IMO the 359 1-2-1 is much better for sleeping, QSuites better if you're going to be awake for most of the flight and you value privacy a lot.
+1
Old May 24, 2019, 4:39 am

Thanks Tom.

DOH to ORD seems to be a 700-300 ER and my travel is in short order -Is this route prone for equipment swap
DOH to ATL which is my final destination is a A350-900 atleast until Jun1
Just to be sure, you are not talking about a 2 stop Qsuite connection but rather 1 leg Qsuites and 1 leg with some random connecting flight from ORD to ATL? I would consider the detour if direct flights were operated with A330 or 340s, but even though I wouldn't call Qsuites overrated, I think the advantage over QR's 1-2-1 is marginal. They definitely offer more privacy, but the 1-2-1 offers enough for my needs. It also depends on the exact flight timings, but I would lean towards the direct flight.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:09 am

In my opinion, if I could guarantee that the flight would be a Q Suite Flight, I would take the two stop. The A350 reverse herringbone J is excellent and is easily one of the best in the world, but I just found the Q Suite to be a step above every other J class I have flown.

How and ever, with the likelihood of an aircraft swap, I would not be willing to roll the dice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.