Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best J Seats on QR B788&A380

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:34 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Personally I would avoid Row 6 as a couple. The potential for noise from the bar, noise from the Y cabin, noise from the toilets etc, would be too much irritation.

Added to that, the fact that you are effectively sat 'on-show' for the rest of the passengers! There is little privacy, and too many other negative factors for me.

Row 1 E/F are great seats. Yes, there is some noise from the galley. However, the curtains are usually closed, and the seats are angled away from the aisle and curtain. However, if you are the lightest sleeper in the world, you will be uncomfortable. If you can sleep on a plane, then you will be used to small noises while you rest, and thus should be fine. As for the larger screen above the seats, it can be tiresome and distracting - however, I asked the cabin crew to switch if off, and they did.

One point to note with 1E/F, is that you will be amongst the last people off the plane when you land. Door 2L is used far more often than 1L, so you may find yourself at the back of the bus (or waiting for the second J bus when you land at HIA).

I would recommend 3E/F or 3A/4A if you don't want to sit together.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
Has anyone been onboard the refurbished A332s???

I can't seem to get a definitive answer as to the seat layout.

At the moment I have 3E/F on flight CX9290 which is basically QR640 DOH to HKG.

I kind of wanted to pick a window pair on this flight and the only window pair remaining is 4A/B. On the QR site this shows the cabin as all 4 rows with galley/toilets behind row 4 but allegedly these refurbished 332s now have row 4 as seperate from the rest of the cabin??

Can anyone categorically confirm the new layout or even better post some pics?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Silver, BA Silver, EY Silver, GHA Platinum
row 6 looks actually quite dreadful! it seems like a great place to put the deceased by I think I would be rather upset if the allocated those seats to me.

thank you for all your advice...i think the avgeek in me wants to just book window seats
Old Oct 31, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
I haven't experienced the QR 787 yet, but for our upcoming trip, I've booked my wife in 2K and 3K. I can't get on the 787 for the first time and NOT sit by the windows!
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Shaw

I kind of wanted to pick a window pair on this flight and the only window pair remaining is 4A/B. On the QR site this shows the cabin as all 4 rows with galley/toilets behind row 4 but allegedly these refurbished 332s now have row 4 as seperate from the rest of the cabin??

Flew on a refurbished A332 into LHR 3 weeks ago; there were 4 rows in one J cabin. The seats are lie flat & quite comfortable, but it's a bit tight, especially by the window & there isn't much storage space. However, big improvement on the old A332's.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 3:24 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by DiscoPapa
I haven't experienced the QR 787 yet, but for our upcoming trip, I've booked my wife in 2K and 3K. I can't get on the 787 for the first time and NOT sit by the windows!
Im sure you'll have a great time! The windows are a marvellous novelty...although personally I dont think much of the dimmer buttons.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:37 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Shaw

Have a look at this;

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/269389/

The bit you're interested in starts around 3/4 of the way down...
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:55 am

There are refurbished A330-200 with a 4th row behind the galley (777 style flat seats) and there are refurbished A330-200 with all 4 rows in the front cabin which are in the trip report linked above. The first few refurbished A330 have a more spacious seat with less privacy, the newer refurbished A330 have narrower seats but with more privacy and a larger IFE screen.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by N1Rotate
There are refurbished A330-200 with a 4th row behind the galley (777 style flat seats) and there are refurbished A330-200 with all 4 rows in the front cabin which are in the trip report linked above. The first few refurbished A330 have a more spacious seat with less privacy, the newer refurbished A330 have narrower seats but with more privacy and a larger IFE screen.
Great...so basically it's still pot luck, if I choose row 4, whether i get the main cabin or sat in a separate area like lepers, plus some risk of no window if it's anything like the 777.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:15 am

Window line-astern all the way for the B788:

- (Marginally) more legroom -> 2A/3A/4A (or 2K/3K/4K) were best.
- It's definitely hotter in the middle seats as there's no overhead controllable air vents.
- As already mentioned, why would you not want a view out of those huge windows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.