Wiki Posts
Search

Best J Seats on QR B788&A380

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Silver, BA Silver, EY Silver, GHA Platinum
Lightbulb Best J Seats on QR B788&A380

I will be flying for the first time on QR in J on OSL/DOH/BKK with my partner. We initially booked the middle seats as they seemed to be the best for a couple travelling together but it seems that the middle seats are quite private and not great for a duo. Is that the case? What do y'all think?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Originally Posted by automapic
I will be flying for the first time on QR in J on OSL/DOH/BKK with my partner. We initially booked the middle seats as they seemed to be the best for a couple travelling together but it seems that the middle seats are quite private and not great for a duo. Is that the case? What do y'all think?
The middle seats are good for couples. Much easier to talk/see each other compared the the centre cirrus seats on CX. I would not say they are private...

Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:54 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The middle seats are the best option for couples.

I travelled with my OH on the A380, 777, and 787 in J over August, and although we felt the 777 was the best as a couple - as a sole passenger, the A380 or 787 win hands-down.

However, as the 777 isnt an available option, I would say the middle pair will be perfectly adequate. We didn't feel the divide was frustrating, and it was quite easy when my OH wanted to take photos of the two of us.

Enjoy your maiden QR experience!
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
On the 787 I´d go for the middle seats. If you dont care about window light/view then go for row 6 as they are very private.

We have even tried one window and one middle seat but that did not work out very well.

Last edited by DreamTrip; Oct 27, 2015 at 10:39 am
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Silver, BA Silver, EY Silver, GHA Platinum
thank you! DreamTrip do you mean row 6 on the A380 or the 787?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:55 am

thank you! DreamTrip do you mean row 6 on the A380 or the 787?
Sorry for not clarifying. I meant row 6 on the 787. But keep in mind there is no view outside as they are next to the storage lockers and behind the bar.

Picture courtesy One mile at a time.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
I disagree

Originally Posted by GTR56
The middle seats are good for couples. Much easier to talk/see each other compared the the centre cirrus seats on CX. I would not say they are private...

Friends, I strongly disagree!
The middle seats are great when you are traveling by yourself. No none to step over and no one stepping over you.

The Downside:
The seats are very exposed and 0 privacy!

The two sides of the isle are served by two different cabin staff, so drinks and meals are coming at different times. This is really annoying.

With a travel companion, one window seat and one isle seat are way more comfy, and ...snuggly too

Just my opinion and experience
Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:23 am

Is the foot 'cubby hole' space any better in the front rows? Seem to remember reading that somewhere
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Originally Posted by OnePassenger
Friends, I strongly disagree!
The middle seats are great when you are traveling by yourself. No none to step over and no one stepping over you.

The Downside:
The seats are very exposed and 0 privacy!

The two sides of the isle are served by two different cabin staff, so drinks and meals are coming at different times. This is really annoying.
I would be worried if someone was stepping over me whilst sleeping in a window seat on the 787 or A380...

With the 787 cabin being quite small on both occasions that I have travelled with a partner in a centre pair the crew found it easy to serve us meals simultaneously without either of us waitin on the other. This might not be so easy on the A380 given the cabin size.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by DreamTrip
Sorry for not clarifying. I meant row 6 on the 787. But keep in mind there is no view outside as they are next to the storage lockers and behind the bar.
[/I]
Are the Y bassinets behind that wall?
2K & 3K worked well for us (A380). Didn't select row 1 as I didn't want any risk of being moved.

edit: that's second & third J rows (as no seat numbering on the QR seatmap I referred to).

Last edited by blutek; Nov 1, 2015 at 2:40 am
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:06 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by blutek
Are the Y bassinets behind that wall?
2K & 3K worked well for us (A380). Didn't select row 1 as I didn't want any risk of being moved.
There is no 3K on a QR A380 - and 2K is F not J.

Presume you meant 12K and 13K?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:06 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by djkjam
Is the foot 'cubby hole' space any better in the front rows? Seem to remember reading that somewhere
Ya. Flew in 1A. much bigger foot hole
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:27 am

Best J Seats on QR B788&A380

Does row1 E/F have any advantages over the other middle seats for a couple on the 787?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'd like to know this too.

I got placed in row 1 middle pair but have changed it to row 2 as i read somewhere the closeness to the galley of row 1 can be bothersome and also the screen on the wall at the front distracting.

Anyone confirm if row 1 has these disadvantages?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 3:59 am

I wouldn't pick row 6 on the 788 as it doesn't work for either day or night flights. No windows in the day time an you are close to potential bassinets in Y and even people going though the curtains could get annoying after a while. The toilets flushing on both sides can't be fun.

I think for a couple the AE or FK combinations are best but these seats do point away from each other which can make conversation tricky. If I'm on my own I would always go for an A or F seat on a 788/388/359 - I think the poster that suggested this was a bad idea was thinking of the 777 seat config.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.