Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

booking complicated routings on Qatar promotional fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

booking complicated routings on Qatar promotional fares

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2015, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Revenge
Thanks both for the advice. That was helpful. ^

I tried with a TA as well but they weren't getting the I fare bucket availability either.
I've had good luck booking QR using Expedia or Orbitz. I booked a refundable fare or Expedia and eventually canceled it, and the refund (minus QR's acceptable charge) was fairly instant. But iirc Expedia couldn't construct a 6-segment trip, while Orbitz could.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 10:25 am

It is HND-Europe(OJ)-HKG or BKK. Used to be able to price it but no longer able to do so. Double OJ.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnAx
How does EF know about your existing itinerary?
It doesn't, and that's why you get availability from perusing ExpertFlyer (or ITA) that QR won't confirm.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tboons
It is HND-Europe(OJ)-HKG or BKK. Used to be able to price it but no longer able to do so. Double OJ.
Not much to go with, but pulled up the cheapest business class fare TYO-LON, IJR6P1PE, and it does say in rule 10.COMBINATIONS: "DOUBLE OPEN JAWS NOT PERMITTED."

I presume given your experience that this restriction wasn't present in the past in similar fares.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:44 am

Then gonna try ticketing one open jaw instead of two. They closed the gaps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.