Search

A340-600 seating layout question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC GR, EK Skywards BL, QR Privelege Club SL
A340-600 seating layout question

Hello there,

Have just booked my first flights with Qatar and am looking forward to them! However, I have a two questions to ask about the A340-600 seating layout:

1. Although almost everywhere from Seatguru to QR's official website show that one of the A346's Economy exit rows is at row 37, when I clicked on the interactive seat map on the "Manage my booking" section it shows that the exit row is at row 42 (unable to select) whereas row 37 is open for selection. Who's correct?

2. Seatguru and some sites say that row 24 has extra legroom. Is that true, is the extra legroom significant and for what reason? Is it actually another exit row as this thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...-question.html) seemed to suggest?

And which row in your opinion is better?

Many thanks for your help!

Last edited by wtjulianchan; Apr 25, 2012 at 10:49 am
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: Privilege Club
[QUOTE=wtjulianchan;18459020]Hello there,

Have just booked my first flights with Qatar and am looking forward to them! However, I have a two questions to ask about the A340-600 seating layout:

1. Although almost everywhere from Seatguru to QR's official website show that one of the A346's Economy exit rows is at row 37, when I clicked on the interactive seat map on the "Manage my booking" section it shows that the exit row is at row 42 (unable to select) whereas row 37 is open for selection. Who's correct?

Hi WTjullanchan,

as per the summer timetable, the Airbus A340-642 seat row 22 and 42 are the bulkhead seat.

Best regards,
Alex
Old Apr 25, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by wtjulianchan
Hello there,

2. Seatguru and some sites say that row 24 has extra legroom. Is that true, is the extra legroom significant and for what reason? Is it actually another exit row as this thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...-question.html) seemed to suggest?

And which row in your opinion is better?

Many thanks for your help!
Row 24 does have extra leg room. 28 defg also has extra leg room. Window seats on row 28 you can recline without giving the person behind the hump. because 29 is an exit row.

ehin

Last edited by lightyear40; Apr 25, 2012 at 4:28 pm
Old Apr 26, 2012, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Hi Alex and lightyear40, many thanks for your replies. So am I right in thinking that Economy class now begins after door 2 which this map suggests (or this)?

And so from what you're saying row 24 is not an exit row then, may I ask whether you're sure there's extra legroom and that it's not row 29?

Because from this image

I guess the row behind the exit is row 29. However, the DEFG seats at the very front of the photo seem to suggest it's a bulkhead, yet from all the seat maps I've seen that doesn't seem to make much sense? What row is that then?

Thanks again!

Last edited by wtjulianchan; Apr 26, 2012 at 5:47 am
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
any input on the "best" window seat in J on the A346? Flying CDG-DOH
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by wtjulianchan
Hi Alex and lightyear40, many thanks for your replies. So am I right in thinking that Economy class now begins after door 2 which this map suggests (or this)?

And so from what you're saying row 24 is not an exit row then, may I ask whether you're sure there's extra legroom and that it's not row 29?

Because from this image

I guess the row behind the exit is row 29. However, the DEFG seats at the very front of the photo seem to suggest it's a bulkhead, yet from all the seat maps I've seen that doesn't seem to make much sense? What row is that then?

Thanks again!
Row 29 has a push out window, so it is an exit row. Hence row 28 DEFG only and 29 ABJK have extra leg room. Row 24 is not an exit row, but you can see from the floor that the whole row has extra leg room. Row 37 also has extra legroom. The review below may also help. Avoid 23 missing window, 29 only has a small window has well. 36,38 and 54 also avoid due to limited recline.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tri...40-600-economy
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lightyear40
Row 29 has a push out window, so it is an exit row. Hence row 28 DEFG only and 29 ABJK have extra leg room. Row 24 is not an exit row, but you can see from the floor that the whole row has extra leg room. Row 37 also has extra legroom. The review below may also help. Avoid 23 missing window, 29 only has a small window has well. 36,38 and 54 also avoid due to limited recline.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tri...40-600-economy
Thanks a lot again lightyear40!

Sure, I'll take your word for it, it's just that I found it a bit odd that in the old configuration seat map (see below) row 24 does appear to have more legroom (and you're quite right about that), but since the removal of first class lounge a few years ago with the addition of five rows of Economy, that exit row is now 29 and the new seat map doesn't appear to show either row 29 or 24 has extra legroom, that's all!

Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Yea, I think you could be right about adding the seats... last time I flew on the A346 I specifically booked row 24, but I couldn't really notice a difference. All I ended up with for trying to be greedy and sit in the best row was a glass of apple juice spilt over me... brilliant!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.