Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

short flights with longhaul F

are there any routes?

if yes is there an existing thread?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 1:41 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
The only aircraft with three classes are the A340-600, and a few A330-200 and -300, which they use on Europe routes (e.g., CDG, LHR, FRA).

I thought that I remember seeing them deployed more on some GCC routes in between their trips to Europe, but it's hard to tell -- almost all of the 11 daily trips to DXB, 7 to KWI, 6 to BAH, and others in the region, are on single-aisle aircraft, with an occasional A330 or B777. None of the intra-Europe or intra-Asia routes, e.g., DOH-MXP-NCE or DOH-BKK-SGN, is served by the three-class plane, either (and they don't sell tickets on the regional tags in every case anyway).

I am not sure what they do with A340 in between trips. E.g., one apparently sits on the ground for 8 hours in CDG, arriving 14:25 and leaving at 22:25. The flights to CDG are staggered at different times on different days, so maybe that's how they get maximum usage from those.

It's not obvious from the timetable which of the A330 short-haul routes are operated on three-class aircraft. I think that to book a ticket would be a crap-shoot, since they sell F on every route, but it's usually just the C cabin of a two-class plane on short routes.

Last edited by mecabq; Apr 28, 2012 at 1:51 am
Old Apr 28, 2012, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

at least they have some flatbed J in asia ^ SQ doesnt match QR to DPS

i PMed AlexCM and they said DOH-BAH has something (and is the shortest)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.