Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Israeli visa, airport hotel, other advice for niece passing through Doha on QR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Israeli visa, airport hotel, other advice for niece passing through Doha on QR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Israeli visa, airport hotel, other advice for niece passing through Doha on QR

In June my 20 year-old niece will pass through Doha on a D ticket en route from KTM to IAD. She arrives at 23:35 and departs the next morning at 8:10. A few questions:

1. She might have an Israeli visa on her (US) passport. Is this a problem if she enters the country for a hotel stay? Is it even a potential problem for her to get on the flight in Kathmandu?
2. If in fact she can't enter Doha but can transit through, is there a hotel within the airport where she can stay?
3. If there is no airport hotel she can go into Doha, I understand from another thread that the 8+ hour layover on a D ticket entitles her to a complimentary hotel stay courtesy and transit visa courtesy of QR, but that the airline is very inconsistent in enforcing this. Any recent experience on whether it is now more reliable, or should we just book a hotel for her?
4. If in fact we should book a hotel, any recommendations?

Thanks for any advice. While she's not a neophyte, she hasn't traveled much internationally so I'd like to give her as much guidance as possible.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: Privilege Club
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
In June my 20 year-old niece will pass through Doha on a D ticket en route from KTM to IAD. She arrives at 23:35 and departs the next morning at 8:10. A few questions:

1. She might have an Israeli visa on her (US) passport. Is this a problem if she enters the country for a hotel stay? Is it even a potential problem for her to get on the flight in Kathmandu?
2. If in fact she can't enter Doha but can transit through, is there a hotel within the airport where she can stay?
3. If there is no airport hotel she can go into Doha, I understand from another thread that the 8+ hour layover on a D ticket entitles her to a complimentary hotel stay courtesy and transit visa courtesy of QR, but that the airline is very inconsistent in enforcing this. Any recent experience on whether it is now more reliable, or should we just book a hotel for her?
4. If in fact we should book a hotel, any recommendations?

Thanks for any advice. While she's not a neophyte, she hasn't traveled much internationally so I'd like to give her as much guidance as possible.
Hi Thunderroad,

1. Israeli nationality cannot get the visa upon arrival at Doha airport. If she wish to leave the airport, she needs to pre arrange her visa.

2. There is no airport hotel located at Doha Airport, but since she is travelling on business class, she can relax in our comfortable Premium terminal. For more information about the Premium terminal, please log to http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-terminal.page

3. In order to check the transit accommodation for your niece, please kindly send a private message to me of her booking reference number or ticket number so that I can check from my end for you.

4. If she wants to book a hotel, please kindly contact the nearest Qatar airways reservation office to purchase " Qatar Airways Holiday" package which includes the hotel accommodation and tourist visa. For more information, please log to http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-holidays.page

Should you have any question or require further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
Alex
The Qatar Airways Community
http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...community.page
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for your useful reply. But I need to clear up one important misunderstanding. My niece is NOT an Israeli national. She is a U.S. citizen with a U.S. passport.

My question, then, is this: If she has an Israeli stamp in her passport, is she allowed to enter Qatar?

(I have emailed her in Nepal to find out if in fact she has an Israeli visa stamp in her passport, but have not heard back yet.)

I will be in touch about other matters, but first need to clarify this important issue.

Thanks again!

PS: Also, you asked that I send you a private message, but when I tried to do so I received a Flyertalk notification stating that you have chosen not to receive such messages.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:11 pm

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for your useful reply. But I need to clear up one important misunderstanding. My niece is NOT an Israeli national. She is a U.S. citizen with a U.S. passport.

My question, then, is this: If she has an Israeli stamp in her passport, is she allowed to enter Qatar?

(I have emailed her in Nepal to find out if in fact she has an Israeli visa stamp in her passport, but have not heard back yet.)

I will be in touch about other matters, but first need to clarify this important issue.

Thanks again!

PS: Also, you asked that I send you a private message, but when I tried to do so I received a Flyertalk notification stating that you have chosen not to receive such messages.
Hi Thunderroad,

Please forgive me for the overlook on your enquiry earlier.

There will not be any problem if she has an Islaeli visa stamp on her passport. So she can enter Qatar withour a problem. She can get the visa upon arrival at the fee of USD28 or QAR100. You can send to my office email at [email protected] Please refer the enquiry from FlyerTalk.

Best regards,
Alex
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks very much, Alex! I will email you the further info.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:51 am

Thanks very much, Alex! I will email you the further info.
Hi Thunderroad,

The email has been replied for your enquiry.

Best regards,
Alex
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just received the prompt and useful email reply, Alex. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.