Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Slightly O/T: What happened to Check My Trip?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*

Just looked at my QF itinerary on the CO website. Using CO miles for an OZ/NZ vacation in Feb 10. Noticed QF94 leaving 10 minutes earlier than before (now 2305 instead of 2315). No big deal, but went to checkmytrip.com to see it there. The initial login page has changed quite a bit. Punched in my confirmation number and last name and the itinerary came up very similarly to a CO website designed for mobile phones and Blackberrys. The details of the flights (types of aircraft, airport names, etc) no longer appear. There is a details link for each flight. Clicked on the details link for QF94. It came back with "The XML page cannot be displayed."

Is this what checkmytrip.com has become? Has this website changed and is there a new hyperlink for Check My Trip as it was before. I found a backdoor site that took me to the old version, but I'm wondering is there a new direct link? Slightly
Old Sep 5, 2009, 1:23 am

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Privilege Elite, Velocity Platinum
It appears to have not changed at all for me.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 1:25 am

Yeah, working fine here for several BA/QF tickets I checked.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
Yeah, working fine here for several BA/QF tickets I checked.
Here's the URL of what I still see. When I go to Check My Trip, it now takes me to the Mobile version of the site.

https://www.checkmytrip.com/plnext/X...TN&LANGUAGE=GB

If I go back and delete everything to the right of ".com", it still fills in the rest of the URL. I cleared out my Temp Internet Files and Cookies folders, but I still get the same Mobile Amadeus Check My Trip site coming up.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by JerseySlime
Here's the URL of what I still see. When I go to Check My Trip, it now takes me to the Mobile version of the site.
That URL really doesn't help as it's a generic URL.

Another option for you to try is the Qantas Manage My Booking link - http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...king/global/en
Old Sep 5, 2009, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

If you were to click on the URL above, do you get the normal Check My Trip website or do you get the website labeled Mobile Check My trip? Whereas I used to get the normal site, I now get this mobile version all the time. I can no longer get any details such as aircraft or current seat assignments because everytime I click the Details link for a particular flight, I get an XML error. I wasn't directed to the Mobile version a few days ago. Now I am.
I have already seen the itinerary on the QF Manage My Booking site, but Check My Trip no longer functions properly for me. I only get the Mobile version. And I still don't know why.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 3:49 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lightbulb

If you were to click on the URL above, do you get the normal Check My Trip website or do you get the website labeled Mobile Check My trip?
CMT will automatically display the mobile version if accessed using a mobile browser.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KVS
CMT will automatically display the mobile version if accessed using a mobile browser.
That I can understand. What I still don't understand is why the mobile version is coming up on my home desktop. And I wasn't having this problem 3 days ago. Has CMT changed so that my Internet Explorer 6 needs to be updated to IE7 or IE8?
Old Sep 5, 2009, 4:29 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

That I can understand. What I still don't understand is why the mobile version is coming up on my home desktop. And I wasn't having this problem 3 days ago. Has CMT changed so that my Internet Explorer 6 needs to be updated to IE7 or IE8?
What does it say under User Agent if you go to http://IP-Address.DomainTools.com/?
Old Sep 5, 2009, 4:34 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
I Just tried it with IE6 and worked fine for me.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 4:39 pm

IMHO if you're not using IE8 you're missing out on a lot. I am very resistant to using "new and improved" software releases, but IE8 has nice features. I started using it when it was Beta. The only caveat is a very few websites have not updated to IE8 and will not display.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KVS
What does it say under User Agent if you go to http://IP-Address.DomainTools.com/?
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0)
Old Sep 5, 2009, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kenish
IMHO if you're not using IE8 you're missing out on a lot. I am very resistant to using "new and improved" software releases, but IE8 has nice features. I started using it when it was Beta. The only caveat is a very few websites have not updated to IE8 and will not display.
I have IE8 on my Vista laptop, but still using IE6 on this XP Pro desktop. And the non-mobile version of CMT came up fine on the IE8 laptop. That's why I mentioned the broswer because of the XML error I was getting on my IE6 desktop.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 4:43 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0)
CMT is erroneously categorizing this browser ID string as 'mobile'. You can either report it to them or switch to a different browser.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 5:37 pm

Working normally here with IE7...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.