Wiki Posts
Search

SC run on CX Business Class ex Korea

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2009, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, Virgin Australia
SC run on CX Business Class ex Korea

This won't suit very many people here, but thought I'd put it out there as an interesting way to rack up some status credits relatively cheaply.

CX currently have some discounted business class (I class) fares ex Korea (ICN and PUS) to a number of destinations. Have a look here. They are restricted fares, max stay of 1 or 3 months depending on destination, other restrictions also apply.

The best deal that I can see for earning on QF is ICN-HKG-AKL-HKG-ICN for approx $2100 AUD inc tax. This yields 440 status credits and 17,430 miles (including 25% cabin class bonus).

This equates to about $4.77 per SC, not too bad.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, Virgin Australia
Just a follow up, an even cheaper SC run can be achieved by ICN-HKG-SGN-HKG-ICN which yields 280 status credits and 5,520 miles for $960 AUD inc tax.

This is $3.43 per status credit.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
CX Asiamiles forum

check the asiamiles forum, lots of discussions going on!

it's a pretty good deal!!
Old Mar 6, 2009, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Thanks for the info Tech Noir ^^
Old Mar 6, 2009, 8:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
A reminder NZ trans-tasman business class sale ends soon (tomorrow?). I expect the QF match will end same time.

NZ$499 for 80 SCs.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 3:32 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
The CX deal (and others) come from this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha......-korea.html
Old Mar 7, 2009, 3:00 pm
tt7

Originally Posted by Tech Noir
CX currently have some discounted business class (I class) fares ex Korea (ICN and PUS) to a number of destinations. Have a look here. They are restricted fares, max stay of 1 or 3 months depending on destination, other restrictions also apply.
What I love about it is the Krw1,990,000 fare to Oakland - even AA doesn't fly there any more. Maybe there really is some truth about the old story of somebody getting on a plane to Auckland, thinking he was going to Oakland ... (follow the link in Tech Noir's post if you don't understand).
Old Mar 7, 2009, 8:04 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
There are plenty of fares for places with no service by the airline offering the fare.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 5:08 pm
tt7

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
There are plenty of fares for places with no service by the airline offering the fare.
Hmm, if you're responding to my post (immediately above) then I think you missed my point. Airlines may well offer fares to places they don't fly but I don't think CX - on the page on its Korean website trumpeting its business class specials -

EUROPE/AUSTRALIA/OAKLAND Business Class Special Fare -

is intending to offer a special fare to Oakland - Auckland, yes but not Oakland ....
Old Mar 10, 2009, 5:05 am
tt7

Originally Posted by tt7
Hmm, if you're responding to my post (immediately above) then I think you missed my point. Airlines may well offer fares to places they don't fly but I don't think CX - on the page on its Korean website trumpeting its business class specials -

EUROPE/AUSTRALIA/OAKLAND Business Class Special Fare -

is intending to offer a special fare to Oakland - Auckland, yes but not Oakland ....
I guess CX either woke up - or reads FT. Now the fare will get you to "New Zealand" - though unlike "Europe" and "Australia", there's no definition of exactly where that is - perhaps Auckland? .....

EUROPE/AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND Business Class Special Fare

What's good (if you're interested) is the fare has gone down from Krw 1,990.000 to Krw 1,891,000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.