Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Club - are they alive?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2008, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Qantas Club - are they alive?

About two weeks ago I visited the QC website and paid for a membership.

I'm flying WT+ on BA in a few days, so would like to arrange membership ASAP.

Oddly, my credit card has not been charged... fair enough, so last Monday I emailed them. No response.

Fine - so on Thursday tried telephoning them. Both in UK and Australian 'office' hours. Nobody answered the phone, it just rang and rang and rang and eventually timed out.

I tried several times.

Has anyone else had trouble getting them to respond?

I'm especially concerned that they have my credit card details, but haven't charged the card.

:-(
Old Sep 21, 2008, 8:19 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Not having paid online (although I originally joined online, about six years ago) I found it to be instantaneous.

What number were you ringing?

Where are you travelling to and from? (Mainly, I am asking in which direction you will be travelling).

Dave
Old Sep 21, 2008, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Hey Dave

Cheers - that's what I would have expected, for it to go through instantly.

The contact details (both email and telephone) I've been trying are the ones at http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...sClub/contacts

Joe
Old Sep 21, 2008, 9:13 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Very odd. I would def ring again. UK/US call centres got the @rse recently, so that could account for some issues, but not online. Weird..

IME I paid over the phone and was close to instantaneous. They international-express posted me my card which took about 3-5 days from memory. If you don;t get it in time, ring and request a fax, as BA lounges are quite strict on seeing the card.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Do you already have a Qantas FF membership? If so, can you get online access to that to see whether your status has already been updated to reflect your Qantas Club membership?

A couple of months back I organised this for a friend who was about to do a significant amount of non-premium travel with BA, and applied and paid for a membership online. Until her card arrived, she did manage to get a couple of lounges to accept the printout from the QFF website showing "Qantas Club Bronze". That status changed very fast, although I couldn't now swear to whether it was instantaneous.

Of course, she has since had the usual battle to get some BA lounges to admit her at all even with the proper card, but that's another (very familiar) story.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jghill
About two weeks ago I visited the QC website and paid for a membership.

I'm flying WT+ on BA in a few days, so would like to arrange membership ASAP.

Oddly, my credit card has not been charged... fair enough, so last Monday I emailed them. No response.

Fine - so on Thursday tried telephoning them. Both in UK and Australian 'office' hours. Nobody answered the phone, it just rang and rang and rang and eventually timed out.

I tried several times.

Has anyone else had trouble getting them to respond?

I'm especially concerned that they have my credit card details, but haven't charged the card.

:-(
Suggest you call the following number and follow the prompts:

+61 (3) 9658 5302

(I think it might be option 1 to speak to Qantas Club)

The number definitely works as I use it all the time. I don't bother with the UK call centre unless absolutely necessary.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG+LTQP
When I bought QP Life membership - it updated immediately on my profile - but it took nearly 2 weeks for the transaction to go through to my CC.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
When I renewed my partner's QC membership earlier this year I just did it online. CC transaction went through straight away. I renewed before her current QC membership ran out so didn't observe any change in her status online.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I just took out a partner membership for my SO online. Her status was updated within 24 hours and the membership kit was in out PO Box in 3 days. ^ Much faster than quoted or expected. (And extra brownie points for me too )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.