Wiki Posts
Search

qf108 and A330-200 questions

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2008, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM, Plat, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold
qf108 and A330-200 questions

I have searched on both topics and not found the answers, so my apologies if I am repeating. Two questions:

1.Does QF provide pyjamas on QF108 in F from jfk to lax?

2. I just noticed my flights between SYD and PER in Nov switched from 743 to A330-200. Will this be skybeds (in biz)? I called QF and they were completely bewildered by the question.

Thanks.
Old May 3, 2008, 12:07 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
1. Of course, all F flights include PJs. Normally they are handed out ex-LAX, so you will have to request it (some crew will offer it if you are a through pax).
2. Yes. You could have found this out quite easily from the QF web site, which has an excellent section on airplane seating -- wish all airlines were this good! http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...aft/seatMap332
Old May 3, 2008, 3:34 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by SansStatus
I just noticed my flights between SYD and PER in Nov switched from 743 to A330-200. Will this be skybeds (in biz)? I called QF and they were completely bewildered by the question.
That should improve the reliability of the flight meaning less stress with conections. A new plane, nice and quiet, SkyBeds - what more could you want!
Old May 3, 2008, 5:53 pm

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by SansStatus
2. I just noticed my flights between SYD and PER in Nov switched from 743 to A330-200. Will this be skybeds (in biz)? I called QF and they were completely bewildered by the question.
Originally Posted by number_6
2. Yes. You could have found this out quite easily from the QF web site, which has an excellent section on airplane seating -- wish all airlines were this good! http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...aft/seatMap332
Incorrect. The A330-200s that will be dedicated to PER-SYD/MEL services will be fitted with Millennium seats and not Skybeds. I see no problem with SansStatus posting such a question as the information posted on Qantas.com is incomplete and confusing (what's new). You're more likely to get an accurate answer by posting on FT than calling QF, especially when it comes to matters regarding product.

Regards
Old May 3, 2008, 10:04 pm

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by QF NB
Incorrect. The A330-200s that will be dedicated to PER-SYD/MEL services will be fitted with Millennium seats and not Skybeds. I see no problem with SansStatus posting such a question as the information posted on Qantas.com is incomplete and confusing (what's new). You're more likely to get an accurate answer by posting on FT than calling QF, especially when it comes to matters regarding product.

Regards
I posted a similar question on AFF re 332 replacing 743 on MEL-PER-MEL (though it was already flagged as 332 when I booked), - diffeernce being I was expecting the unwelcome news that it was going to be millennium rather than skybed.

One of those times you actually want there to be a delay in delivering new aircraft!
Old May 3, 2008, 10:13 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by og
That should improve the reliability of the flight meaning less stress with conections. A new plane, nice and quiet, SkyBeds - what more could you want!

Well, you will get the new plane and the nice and quiet. As the famous philosopher Meatloaf once said "Don't be sad, cause two out of three ain't bad"
Old May 4, 2008, 1:55 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by perthite
Well, you will get the new plane and the nice and quiet. As the famous philosopher Meatloaf once said "Don't be sad, cause two out of three ain't bad"
Somehow, I tink I'd prefer a SkyBed and just put up with a bit more noise or even an old worn out plane. Ear plugs are your friend!
Old May 4, 2008, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by og
Somehow, I tink I'd prefer a SkyBed and just put up with a bit more noise or even an old worn out plane. Ear plugs are your friend!
While I understand that, I do think that skybeds are possibly a bit of overkill on domestic flights. I would have thought that the three abreast seating in the centre would have been more of an issue!
Old May 4, 2008, 3:54 am

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
I just flew JFK-LAX the other week in F and yes PJ's and amenities kits are given out without asking, and again LAX-SYD.
Old May 4, 2008, 6:44 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
While I understand that, I do think that skybeds are possibly a bit of overkill on domestic flights.
Not on the red-eyes from PER to BNE/SYD/MEL!

Dave
Old May 4, 2008, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by thadocta
Not on the red-eyes from PER to BNE/SYD/MEL!

Dave
Ok - but maybe on the MEL flight it would take more that skybed to make me feel reasonable on the other end. Still, its ot like you are losing skybeds from the flights. They aren't there now!
Old May 4, 2008, 4:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Ok - but maybe on the MEL flight it would take more that skybed to make me feel reasonable on the other end. Still, its ot like you are losing skybeds from the flights. They aren't there now!
No but you are losing dreamtime seat with PTV in favour of the millenium seat - which to me is a downgrade.
Old May 5, 2008, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by simongr
No but you are losing dreamtime seat with PTV in favour of the millenium seat - which to me is a downgrade.
Well, granted the PTV thing is a downgrade across the whole aircraft. I wonder if we will ever see PTV's on the domestic flights. Notwithstanding you have to pay extra for it, DJ is a bit ahead in this area.
Old May 5, 2008, 5:17 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by QF NB

Regards
Silly me to think that an update on qantas.com is accurate info....QF did go to the trouble to change the web site, to state that allA332s are now Skybed equipped. It used to say "some". So is it really true that not all of them are Skybed equipped? Or has QF actually normalized the fleet and made the config identical on all of the planes (which saves lots of money on scheduling and customer sat issues when a sub occurs)? I was presuming that it was the latter?
Old May 5, 2008, 5:32 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Well, granted the PTV thing is a downgrade across the whole aircraft. I wonder if we will ever see PTV's on the domestic flights. Notwithstanding you have to pay extra for it, DJ is a bit ahead in this area.
I was thinking the same last weekend. Personal travel MEL-BNE. Naturally I booked QF without thinking too much about it, but on reflection I am thinking I might give DJ a go next time - cheaper ticket, and $5 multiple channels which is better than the sh*te QF serve up as entertainment (and very cool if the footy is on).

I won't rant about the pitiful 'meals' or overcrowded QP as that's been done to death. But i did think domestic IFE is one area where QF lags atm. Of course intra-Europe most carriers give you nothing at all, but that's probably preferable to seeing Deborah Hutton's face all the time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.