Search

Away for a while.....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2002, 4:15 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci
Away for a while.....

..... will be doing some QF flights in the next few weeks, but given the dramas we are having around Sydney at the moment, I expect to be spending the next few months away fighting fires.

So I won't be posting here much over the next few months. If I have been off fighting a bushfire for 12 hours, then I normally just wander off to bed. When I get out of bed, I normally go back to the fireground.

So if I seem to be ignoring some obvious threads, that is the reason.

Dave
Old Oct 9, 2002, 4:25 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG

Hope all goes well and the sky opens and drops plenty of wet stuff around your neck of the woods real soon. Sure does need it.
Old Oct 9, 2002, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I second that. I was shocked to hear that it looks like you've got another big bushfire season on.
Old Oct 9, 2002, 10:18 am

How sad! I'll miss your valuable posts.
Old Oct 9, 2002, 8:45 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Best wishes Dave - one of our managers is in the volunteer brigade in northern NSW, and it's shaping up to be a tough summer. Our business depends on guys like Ron and you.
Andrew
Old Oct 10, 2002, 12:46 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci
thanks guys - fortunately, we had a bit of rain in the last 24 hours, so we (Regentville) have been stood down for a while.

Over the summer, I will be popping in all the time, but posting less than normal. There is also the little matter of tennis - I have committed myself to it, so I will have to go. Looks like that obnoxious, arrogant, conceited little brat from Adelaide will have to put up with me yet again!

Dave
Old Oct 10, 2002, 4:21 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
thanks guys - fortunately, we had a bit of rain in the last 24 hours, so we (Regentville) have been stood down for a while.</font>
answered prayer .

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Over the summer, I will be popping in all the time, but posting less than normal. There is also the little matter of tennis - I have committed myself to it, so I will have to go. Looks like that obnoxious, arrogant, conceited little brat from Adelaide will have to put up with me yet again!

Dave
</font>
But I don't come from Adelaide ... I'm from Brisbane. So next time get it right
Old Oct 10, 2002, 6:15 am

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Lleyton Hewitt - whoa-ooh-ooh! Are you one of them?

[This message has been edited by willyroo (edited 10-10-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.