Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

What should I do with 300k QFF points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2007, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald) + LTG

I seek some erudite advice from you learned folk on this board. I'm sitting on 300k points in this program. I've heard rumors that changes may be afoot, which may make them even more worthless.

Should I
1. splurge on full award tkts ASAP
2. use them to upgrade on a couple of AUS to Europe/Asia flights that are coming up (bearing in mind QF upgrades are never confirmed unlike with, say, UA) or,
3. do you think there is no hurry and I can save them for when I really need them?

Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 7:16 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by kangela
I seek some erudite advice from you learned folk on this board. I'm sitting on 300k points in this program. I've heard rumors that changes may be afoot, which may make them even more worthless.

Should I
1. splurge on full award tkts ASAP
2. use them to upgrade on a couple of AUS to Europe/Asia flights that are coming up (bearing in mind QF upgrades are never confirmed unlike with, say, UA) or,
3. do you think there is no hurry and I can save them for when I really need them?

Thanks.
Now kangela, you know the obvious suggestion as to what to do with your points...transfer them to me immediately.

Failing that, I'd be inclined to use them. If you have nothing planned immediately that you can use them on, then no sweat, but look at planning to use them. I say this not because of any fear of program 'enhancements' (and you should get reasonable notice of that) but simply because I think, like a good red, they're to be used rather than hoarded for too long. And (as I'm sure you will) use them wisely, like on international J or F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.